Windows 10: C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

Discus and support C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am having a problem of C drive disk space. My C drive is 240 Gb. All of my C files including the hidden ones are about 90 Gb. Just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lzaidan, Nov 9, 2019.

1. lzaidan Win User

C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem of C drive disk space.

My C drive is 240 Gb. All of my C files including the hidden ones are about 90 Gb. Just two days ago suddenly the C drive got full. I tried to look for files of huge size and nothing exists. I cleared all temp and unnecessary files, which freed up around 1 Gb but that got occupied again in one second. I cleared my downloads files and the recycle bin (around 10 Gb both) and again within two minutes the C drive got full again! I tried all programs out there, one by one (Microsoft anti malicious software, Mcafee antivirus program, Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Regrun, Unhackme), and nothing worked!

When I see the storage specifics from the settings, it shows that temp files occupy 140 Gb, yet it is not able to detect any files and I have deleted all temp files in the C drive but nothing has changed. I believe it is a virus/malware.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

:)

lzaidan, Nov 9, 2019

2. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

http://www.partition-tool.com/knowledge-base/how-to-extend-system-partition.htm

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 9, 2019
  3. c drive filling up

I am getting a problem. I am downloading a big 55 gb iso file in other drive except C but C drive is filling up. Why? and what is the solution?

AsaduzzamanAsad, Nov 9, 2019
  4. C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

Duel drive system with 120 GB SSD and 1 TeraBit Hard Drive

I have a I7 core 120 GB SSD and 1 Terabit Hard Drive with Windows 10 and Office 2016 installed, with my large email ost files my SSD drive is down to about 11 GB free and I have already moved all documents, photos, music and anything else I can think of
    the D: hard drive. Any suggestions on what Windows or Office Files can be moved to the D: drive in the same computer. Please note that it does not appear that any attempt to move the Outlook .ost file is allowed and no move button or change in the file location
    has worked.

Bob Engineer, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

1. C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size! - Similar Threads - drive filled more

2. My Device Had 120 GB Space, but it's already filled up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Device Had 120 GB Space, but it's already filled up: Now this might be a little unrelated, but I'm having problems with storage. I have around 30-50 Apps/Games on my PC, and the average size of those Apps/Games is around 100MB-300MB, with 5-6 Files Reaching 1-5 GB. But assuming if the average file size is 700MB, and I multiply...
  3. My Device Had 120 GB Space, but it's already filled up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Device Had 120 GB Space, but it's already filled up: Now this might be a little unrelated, but I'm having problems with storage. I have around 30-50 Apps/Games on my PC, and the average size of those Apps/Games is around 100MB-300MB, with 5-6 Files Reaching 1-5 GB. But assuming if the average file size is 700MB, and I multiply...
  4. My Device Had 120 GB Space, but it's already filled up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file size takes more than it should

file size takes more than it should: So basically, my C drive only has 100 GBs.Thispc>C:>users>rqisc which is my user I right click the rqisc file to see the properties. It says 28 GBsI then go INTO the file, and then select all and view properties. only 2 gbs. Whats going on?...
  6. file size takes more than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file size takes more than it should: So basically, my C drive only has 100 GBs.Thispc>C:>users>rqisc which is my user I right click the rqisc file to see the properties. It says 28 GBsI then go INTO the file, and then select all and view properties. only 2 gbs. Whats going on?...
  7. file size takes more than it should

8. Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.: I am running Windows 10 Home. Some files in a folder are showing excessively higher size on my drive 14.8 TB. The drive is actually just 110 GB in size. Apparently, it's not creating any issue except that if I need to transfer that folder to another place, I can't because of...
  9. Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.

Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.: I am running Windows 10 Home. Some files in a folder are showing excessively higher size on my drive 14.8 TB. The drive is actually just 110 GB in size. Apparently, it's not creating any issue except that if I need to transfer that folder to another place, I can't because of...
  10. Files in a folder show excessively higher size, even more than the drive size.