Windows 10: C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

Discus and support C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am having a problem of C drive disk space. My C drive is 240 Gb. All of my C files including the hidden ones are about 90 Gb. Just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lzaidan, Nov 9, 2019.

1. lzaidan Win User

C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem of C drive disk space.

My C drive is 240 Gb. All of my C files including the hidden ones are about 90 Gb. Just two days ago suddenly the C drive got full. I tried to look for files of huge size and nothing exists. I cleared all temp and unnecessary files, which freed up around 1 Gb but that got occupied again in one second. I cleared my downloads files and the recycle bin (around 10 Gb both) and again within two minutes the C drive got full again! I tried all programs out there, one by one (Microsoft anti malicious software, Mcafee antivirus program, Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Regrun, Unhackme), and nothing worked!

When I see the storage specifics from the settings, it shows that temp files occupy 140 Gb, yet it is not able to detect any files and I have deleted all temp files in the C drive but nothing has changed. I believe it is a virus/malware.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

:)

lzaidan, Nov 9, 2019

2. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

http://www.partition-tool.com/knowledge-base/how-to-extend-system-partition.htm

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 9, 2019
  3. c drive filling up

I am getting a problem. I am downloading a big 55 gb iso file in other drive except C but C drive is filling up. Why? and what is the solution?

AsaduzzamanAsad, Nov 9, 2019
  4. C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

Duel drive system with 120 GB SSD and 1 TeraBit Hard Drive

I have a I7 core 120 GB SSD and 1 Terabit Hard Drive with Windows 10 and Office 2016 installed, with my large email ost files my SSD drive is down to about 11 GB free and I have already moved all documents, photos, music and anything else I can think of
    the D: hard drive. Any suggestions on what Windows or Office Files can be moved to the D: drive in the same computer. Please note that it does not appear that any attempt to move the Outlook .ost file is allowed and no move button or change in the file location
    has worked.

Bob Engineer, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

1. C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size! - Similar Threads - drive filled more

2. c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so.: My c:/Windows/Temp folder fills the 1TB disk with 900GB free space every 5-6 days. How can I find which app(s) is creating all this data so I can stop that application or fix the problem that cause all the log data....
  3. Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?

Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?: Hi. My C:\ drive is a 256GB RAM drive. All my documents are stored on a 2GB drive labelled M:\, name "Data". In the past I've always used Windows Backup and have always been able to restore files as and when required. When I installed Windows 10 I set up Windows backup. Now...
  4. Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.: Hello everyone, I need to shrink 100 GB of my Harddsik. It says you cant shrink more than 10 GB: https://gyazo.com/14fe1363b6d1ad13b57f2a2ec7e089ee I did everything from this video. It didn't change anything: How to shrink a volume beyond the point if size of available...
  5. Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't shrink volume more than 10 GB.: Hello everyone, I need to shrink 100 GB of my Harddsik. It says you cant shrink more than 10 GB: https://gyazo.com/14fe1363b6d1ad13b57f2a2ec7e089ee I did everything from this video. It didn't change anything: How to shrink a volume beyond the point if size of available...
  6. SSD drive available space fluctuates wildly, more than 50 gb swings

SSD drive available space fluctuates wildly, more than 50 gb swings: I've seen a number of similar questions but no good answers. I have a PC with a 256 SSD drive as my bootable C: drive which only contains programs. My 2 TB drive is separate and contains all data. Anyway, the 256 SSD drive's available free space will fluctuate wildly down...
  7. Whats filling my C drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whats filling my C drive?: My OS SSD C is is (almost) full, I'm getting warnings. I only have 55.8GB of 200GB used for Windows. Only 3 restore points in C + 10% reserved = 20GB 56(c) + 20(restore) = 76GB for C. This leaves a difference of 124GB unaccounted for. My BU and System Image are in in a...
  8. Replicating files filling C:/ Drives

Replicating files filling C:/ Drives: Good Morning, I'm expierencing an issue on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter where files for OneDrive install/Update are replicating indefinitely at "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive". They get replicated after every reboot. I...
  9. c drive automatically getting filled up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    c drive automatically getting filled up: Dear All, I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90 gb and yet yesterday It was full. I tried to use the help from online and checked on dosv files etc but to no avail. I then...
  10. c drive automatically getting filled up

in Windows 10 Support
    c drive automatically getting filled up: Dear All, I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90 gb and yet yesterday It was full. I tried to use the help from online and checked on dosv files etc but to no avail. I then...