Windows 10: C drive filling for no apparent reason

Discus and support C drive filling for no apparent reason in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, these few days I have been continuously using disk cleanup and deleting junk in the temp files to free up space in my C drive. After that, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrightPopz, Jul 2, 2020.

1. C drive filling for no apparent reason

Hello, these few days I have been continuously using disk cleanup and deleting junk in the temp files to free up space in my C drive. After that, it only saved up around 3 GB of space which were then used up again, and my drive is almost full again. I am not downloading any programs or anything, so I have no reason why it keeps filling up. When I try to clean up now, I'll only be saving KB's of space, and the temp files are not filled with junk. Please help.

:)

BrightPopz, Jul 2, 2020
  2. RickFran84, Jul 2, 2020
  3. C: Hard Drive Randomly Filled Up

There are different situations would cause C: hard drive randomly filled up:

1. Virus and malware may keep generating files to fill your system drive.

2. You may have saved large files to C: drive that you are not aware of. For example, the default download folder is located in C: drive.

3. Pages files, previous Windows installation, temporary files, and other system files may have taken up the space of your system partition.

4. There are too many large programs installed on C: drive.

There might be more reasons behind C: drive mysteriously full. You can use one or more of the methods below to clean up C: drive space in Windows 10/8/7.

1. Scan your computer for unwanted software or virus

2. Run Disk Cleanup

3. Delete hibernate file

4. Uninstall the large applications.

There are more detailed methods for
    C drive is full without reason
    . You may find the answer

DemonBradsahw, Jul 2, 2020
  4. C drive filling for no apparent reason

c drive filling up

I am getting a problem. I am downloading a big 55 gb iso file in other drive except C but C drive is filling up. Why? and what is the solution?

AsaduzzamanAsad, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

C drive filling for no apparent reason

1. C drive filling for no apparent reason - Similar Threads - drive filling apparent

2. C-Drive being filled up for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C-Drive being filled up for no reason: Hello,I'm a Windows 11 user.I was checking my storage space but I noticed that there was only 3.3 GB of space available out of 146 GB of space.I have manually shifted all of my downloads into my D drive so i'm unsure as to why this is happening.Can someone help me with this?...
  3. C-Drive being filled up for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C-Drive being filled up for no reason: Hello,I'm a Windows 11 user.I was checking my storage space but I noticed that there was only 3.3 GB of space available out of 146 GB of space.I have manually shifted all of my downloads into my D drive so i'm unsure as to why this is happening.Can someone help me with this?...
  4. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive filling up automatically for no reason: whenever I restart my PC I see my C Drive is filling up automatically for no reason ,It has taken approx 20GB of space in last 3-4 restart cycle,I don't even have that fast internet that could download that much data without interrupting everything else....
  5. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive filling up automatically for no reason: whenever I restart my PC I see my C Drive is filling up automatically for no reason ,It has taken approx 20GB of space in last 3-4 restart cycle,I don't even have that fast internet that could download that much data without interrupting everything else....
  6. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SSD C: drive filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD C: drive filling up for no reason: I restarted my computer and had 30 gigs free, I then turned it off and and turned it on the next day, and it only had 8 gigs left. What is going on? I have ran disk cleanup, cleared temp folder, everything is updated, and am currently running a full scan with malwarebytes....
  8. My C: drive is filling up for no reason

My C: drive is filling up for no reason: A few days ago I had over 170 GB free space on my C: drive, and yesterday when I checked I only had 50 GB free space. I checked the Apps & Features, uninstalled all the apps I don't need, I also went Settings > System > Storage and checked for what fills up the most storage,...
  9. My C: drive is filling up for no reason

My C: drive is filling up for no reason: I have recently been added a 1TB D: drive in my PC besides the 222 GB C: drive I had before. And since then for no reason my C: drive starts to fill up from 150GB free space to 46GB free space, it stays like that for a few days and then goes back to normal, and then again...
  10. My C Drive keeps filling for no reason...

My C Drive keeps filling for no reason...: Hi all, Since I did the most recent windows 10 update my C drive has been filling for no reason at all that I Can find. Ive looked through hidden and protected files and highlighted them all and they are using 100gb yet my 256gb ssd has 15gb free, this makes no sense to me....