Windows 10: C:// Drive Filling Up..

Discus and support C:// Drive Filling Up.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I Have Windows 10 2004 edition, the storage on the C:// Drive has been filling up anonymously and largely, I haven't downloaded anything in the past 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThatPlex, Jan 21, 2021.

1. C:// Drive Filling Up..

I Have Windows 10 2004 edition, the storage on the C:// Drive has been filling up anonymously and largely, I haven't downloaded anything in the past 15 days, neither updated anything. Do you know whats wrong with it???

submitted by /u/ThatPlex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThatPlex, Jan 21, 2021
  2. [Suejin] Win User

C drive space filling

Have you check if Windows is currently downloading an update?

You can try the suggested steps on this article:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/...

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

[Suejin], Jan 21, 2021
  3. RickFran84, Jan 21, 2021
  4. busreilly Win User

C:// Drive Filling Up..

C Drive Keeps Filling Up

Thanks. Extremely interesting article. I followed the steps as outlined, but when I was as the step to Stop the Windows Modules Installer Service, it was already stopped. So I was not quite sure how to proceed, so I abandoned the process. Since I had
    already manually deleted most of the cab files, I now have 190 GB free space. I will closely monitor the free space to see how quickly it fills up, and if it fills up as quickly as the article suggests might happen, I will try again to follow the instructions
    to see if I can get it to work. With the service already stopped, and set to Manual, if I get to that point again, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks again for this very insightful article -- it sure explains a lot.

busreilly, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

C:// Drive Filling Up..

1. C:// Drive Filling Up.. - Similar Threads - Drive Filling

2. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds: The OS is W10Pro 22H2 build 19045.41232. While Sabya's helpful advice solves the issue for one day, a few days later the issue is back. How do I resolve this? In addition, Tree Size Free reports the 106GB HDD at 137GB capacity: While Win10 Settings shows different storage...
  3. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds: The OS is W10Pro 22H2 build 19045.41232. While Sabya's helpful advice solves the issue for one day, a few days later the issue is back. How do I resolve this? In addition, Tree Size Free reports the 106GB HDD at 137GB capacity: While Win10 Settings shows different storage...
  4. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why would my system go fill up my hard drive after a failed system restore? i also would...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why would my system go fill up my hard drive after a failed system restore? i also would...: Note: it failed twice. First, i probably had around 50 GB free on my hard drive, and the system was stuck on restoring the registry, and i interrupted it, and it changed to 40 gb.then overnight, it changed to 17 gb when the system stopped and would not go back into windows.it...
  6. why would my system go fill up my hard drive after a failed system restore? i also would...

why would my system go fill up my hard drive after a failed system restore? i also would...: Note: it failed twice. First, i probably had around 50 GB free on my hard drive, and the system was stuck on restoring the registry, and i interrupted it, and it changed to 40 gb.then overnight, it changed to 17 gb when the system stopped and would not go back into windows.it...
  7. why would my system go fill up my hard drive after a failed system restore? i also would...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing: I'm at a loss at this point i'm terrified. My C drive is endlessly filling up with nothing files that I cannot find. I've trying using storage sense, I saw someone use Treesize, that didn't work. I've deleted so many documents, uninstalled apps nothing has worked. All the...
  9. My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing: I'm at a loss at this point i'm terrified. My C drive is endlessly filling up with nothing files that I cannot find. I've trying using storage sense, I saw someone use Treesize, that didn't work. I've deleted so many documents, uninstalled apps nothing has worked. All the...
  10. My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing