Windows 10: C Drive full after failed system restore froze

Discus and support C Drive full after failed system restore froze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, need your advise. I initially restored my laptop thru system restore point that was made when my windows updated automatically. However, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ponchita, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ponchita Win User

C Drive full after failed system restore froze

Hi guys, need your advise. I initially restored my laptop thru system restore point that was made when my windows updated automatically. However, it froze and I halted the process thru hard reset. I read that I should continue the restore point thru safe mode. I continued the process thru safe mode however the option is "undo" restore point. Now when I finished undo-ing the process. I noticed that my Drive C was already full. I asked the tech support from DELL and they advised me to resinstall the OS since the C: has already been corrupted.

:)

ponchita, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Dec 22, 2018
  3. System Protection - Restore "drive"

In system protection, it shows 2 drives in the list. One of them being C: the other being Restore with a folder icon.

It was the Restore "drive" that I enabled it on and then disabled it; which is when I received the warning of deleting the restore points and the amount of space being used was cleared from 5G to zero when I disabled it.

weaver2014, Dec 22, 2018
  4. C Drive full after failed system restore froze

Win10 Pro installed on SSD (C drive) with restore points turned off. System>Storage>Cdrive>System and Reserved>System Restore 15.5GBs !!!

As the title says, Win 10 Pro installed on SSD drive with Restore Points turned off, System Protection off, etc...However, System>Storage>C drive>System and Reserved>System Restore 15.5GBs and growing. Have tried to delete, but according to system there
    are no restore points to delete. Is Win 10 reading the storage amt wrong? Any suggestions??? Thank you...

RalphDorado, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

C Drive full after failed system restore froze

1. C Drive full after failed system restore froze - Similar Threads - Drive full failed

2. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  3. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  4. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  6. C drive is full

C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  7. full C: drive

full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  8. Lower free space on C drive after failed system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lower free space on C drive after failed system restore: After installing a software 'Simatic net', I tried to restore C drive to get back to before installation point. But I see this Error at the end of operation An unspecified error occurred during system restore 0x800705aa . and then I understand that my C drive has lower space....
  9. C- Drive full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C- Drive full: I bought a Dell Inspirion last May.. My C Drive has become full in about a year without me downloading anything new. I have done disk clean up, empty recycle bin etc. but still no luck. What should I do?...
  10. drive c full after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive c full after reset: my drive c full after I resset my pc windows 10 can u help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-full-after-reset/687f2d37-a735-4cdc-8cee-27ef35f6fc7f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C DRIVE IS FULL AFTER RESTORE