Windows 10: c drive full not accepting windows 10 updates , also will not download to a usb drive. very...

Discus and support c drive full not accepting windows 10 updates , also will not download to a usb drive. very... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am a casual user of a computer probably no real expertise, cannot understand why windows will not allow windows updates to download to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by frank 259, May 26, 2020.

1. frank 259 Win User

c drive full not accepting windows 10 updates , also will not download to a usb drive. very...

I am a casual user of a computer probably no real expertise, cannot understand why windows will not allow windows updates to download to a perfectly good usb drive. Other items from documents and pictures are readily accepted, which I have used to free up space on the C drive, it seems to fly in the face of logic, which is what computers are to be.

:)

frank 259, May 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, May 26, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, May 26, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

c drive full not accepting windows 10 updates , also will not download to a usb drive. very...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. c drive full not accepting windows 10 updates , also will not download to a usb drive. very... - Similar Threads - drive full accepting

2. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  3. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  4. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  5. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  6. Windows 10 C drive is full

Windows 10 C drive is full: I am running Windows 10 on my desktop computer. My c drive is full. I want to erase and start over.I have read so many articles and am real confused as to what to do. can someone give me step by step instructions? I just purchased an external hard drive and copied most of my...
  7. C drive full.

C drive full.: I'm sure this has been covered a million times but I can't see my specific question answered. My 250gb SSD C drive is nearly full. I cloned it to a 1TD SSD but it created a partition on the new drive of the same size as my current drive so didn't help at all. I couldn't...
  8. C- Drive full

C- Drive full: I bought a Dell Inspirion last May.. My C Drive has become full in about a year without me downloading anything new. I have done disk clean up, empty recycle bin etc. but still no luck. What should I do?...
  9. the C drive is full

the C drive is full: i'm still having a full C drive full how do a clean it the right way I tried every thing and nothing happens so I don't know what to do can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-c-drive-is-full/d13c1f4b-9169-4cc4-bdbf-1c848864735a"
  10. Windows 10 update and c. Drive full

Windows 10 update and c. Drive full: i have a fujitsu lifebook AH532. I have the windows 10 upgrade telling me my c drive full and one d drive that is empty. Can anyone advise me how to proceed please?...