Windows 10: C Drive Has 3 Partitions - Is This Correct?

Discus and support C Drive Has 3 Partitions - Is This Correct? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last question on the C drive. I installed Macrium Reflect to use as a backup program and when the program opened, it showed the C drive as seen in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gator5000e, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Word Man Win User

C Drive Has 3 Partitions - Is This Correct?

That 93.15 GB is unallocated disk space being used for your 1TB Samsung SSD at 10% overprovisioning. Notice that actual GB for the disk is 931.51 GB, take that times 10% and what do you get?

Word Man, Sep 2, 2015

2. Thanks, I installed the mini tool and here is what it showed. It is unallocated space. No idea what that means. Also, why does it show 3 partitions: 100MB Data, C: 837GB, and the 845 MB partition (shows after the unallocated partition)? Can I delete that 845 MB partition?

C Drive Has 3 Partitions - Is This Correct? [​IMG]

Gator5000e, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Word Man Win User
    I wouldn't. It's over half occupied and probably has to do with Win 10 recovery capability.

P.S. You can change that 10% overprovisioning if you want and reclaim whatever fraction of the 95 GB you want. Even if you reclaimed it all, whether left unallocated or not, the SSD will reach for what it needs from whatever it considers to be unoccupied system drive or unallocated drive space.

Word Man, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

I'm going to guess you installed Samsung Magician and that's where you ended up with the 10% OP for the SSD. Actually, I'm still not seeing anything wrong or unexpected in anything you've posted, including the Macrium screen. If you were to do a Byte-by-byte disk image with Macrium, it would store what it needs to construct even that unallocated space as it was when imaged. If you just let Macrium image the disk data present, you'll have a MUCH smaller image and it would still full disk restore to be laid out exactly as it was when the disk image was created.

Word Man, Sep 2, 2015
  5. OK, thanks Word Man. I appreciate the assistance.

Gator5000e, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Word Man Win User
    Not a problem. It was easier from the standpoint that I have same deal going as you, have a 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and have been using Macrium for a while now.

EDIT - well, wish I could cram all those disks in my laptop, *cry so not EXACTLY the same deal...

Word Man, Sep 2, 2015
  7. I have trouble saying no to cheap external drives!

Gator5000e, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. C Drive Has 3 Partitions - Is This Correct? - Similar Threads - Drive Has Partitions

2. Recovering Partitioned C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Partitioned C Drive: Hello, I was under the incorrect assumption that my colleague's computer had two HDDs and I went ahead and unplugged the HDD from the computer because I wanted to transfer my colleague's extra drive to a new computer. It unfortunately seems that the two HDD's was actually a...
  3. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning of C Drive: I have 210 GB free space with a C drive of 251 GB. I have been trying to create a separate partition of 100 GB and 151 GB will be left on C drive. I find that shrink volume is only 1.50 GB. Pease help me if it is possible to partition and what steps do I need to follow....
  4. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning of C Drive: I have 210 GB free space with a C drive of 251 GB. I have been trying to create a separate partition of 100 GB and 151 GB will be left on C drive. I find that shrink volume is only 1.50 GB. Pease help me if it is possible to partition and what steps do I need to follow....
  5. Partitioning of C Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. My C Drive has been partitioned!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My C Drive has been partitioned!: This might have been caused by something I downloaded - silly me - or not, I really don't know.All of a sudden, my PC won't boot, and tells me there is no accessible boot device. I can run troubleshooting and get to the command prompt.I have unplugged all the USB hard drives,...
  7. Partition of the drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition of the drive c: I have purchased a laptop with memory 1 TB, NOW IN C drive 908 Gb in whcih 883 free available in c drive, now i want to make partition of c drive like on c drive 200 GB AND remaining in d and e drive each 340Gb , but when shrinking the existing drive showing the fillowing...
  8. c drive partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    c drive partition: Hi I'm using DELL Vostro 5468. it came preinstalled with windows 10. I got 405 GB free (out of 462 GB ) in my C drive. I wish to use 200 GB for Ubuntu which I'm going to use with dual boot. The issue is I cant shrink the C drive , when I try to shrink it says only 1.2 GB...
  9. C drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...
  10. Partitions on C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions on C Drive: I am not sure how or when this occurred but I somehow seem to have ended up with 2 Healthy (recovery partition) both of which are different sizes. [img] I assume I don't need both, but how do I determine which is being used? Anyone?? TIA 45965