Windows 10: C drive has low memory. How do I fix it?

Discus and support C drive has low memory. How do I fix it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I used Windirstat and came up with this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mystik-Palace, May 27, 2020.

1. mikwag Win User

N8 C Drive memory low

My C Drive memory is low at 34.3 MB so I decided to try and clean it up even though all installs go to the E drive.

The biggest file is SSOCLientsLogFile.txt which is 6.4 MB. What is it and can I delete it?

What other files/folders can I get rid of? Grateful for any suggestions.

Tried using Nokia Suite to clear C Drive but it did nothing.

I should add that I have cleared cache and history from browsers, have no SMS messages stored and also have deleted all emails .....

mikwag, May 28, 2020
  2. C: drive low on memory

Hello,

Lately I have been getting a lot of 'Low C drive' memory errors.

I was doing updates on Ovi.

Checking my C drive - I cannot find any folders that have huge amounts of file data on them.

Doing the Details on the C drive - 58 megs is taken up by .sis files

First of all - I can't find them - I cannot find a C drive folder that houses them - I did a search for .sis they are found on my E drive.....

2ndly do I need to keep them (if I can find them)

Thanks,

VeePee

VeePee---01, May 28, 2020
  3. C drive has low memory. How do I fix it?

Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, May 28, 2020
Thema:

C drive has low memory. How do I fix it?

1. C drive has low memory. How do I fix it? - Similar Threads - drive has low

2. Low memory on my main C drive. System restore not working right.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low memory on my main C drive. System restore not working right.: I have an older Dell 2GB Optiplex destop. My main C drive is getting seriously low on memory, it's a 64.2 bit drive and I'm down below 15%. I have, in the past, used system restore to clean it up and also Disk Cleanup, my disk cleanup is working but system restore won't work,...
  3. How do i fix this c++ issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix this c++ issue: i have this issue where whenever i start or install something that uses a specific version of c++ it gives me an error that says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. it says click ok or enter an alternate path to the installation...
  4. How do i fix this c++ issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix this c++ issue: i have this issue where whenever i start or install something that uses a specific version of c++ it gives me an error that says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. it says click ok or enter an alternate path to the installation...
  5. Fix Forza Horizon 5 Low video memory and Low memory issue

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Forza Horizon 5 Low video memory and Low memory issue: [ATTACH]This post features different solutions to get rid of Forza Horizon 5 low video memory & low memory issues. Forza Horizon 5 is a popular racing video game available for Microsoft Windows. The game is in the talk due to its high graphics and utterly unique gameplay....
  6. Low on space C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low on space C drive.: Low on space C drive. Have run optimize, disk cleanup. Picture folder show 844, yet when opened, folder shows empty. I have lightroom on c drive but all images are saved on D drive. Help please regarding low space on C drive!....
  7. How To Disable/Fix Windows Low Memory Warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Disable/Fix Windows Low Memory Warning: I recently built my first PC. After a while it was haveing blues screens (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA). I did some reaserch anf found out I needed to disable virtual memory. I havent had blue screens for weeks, but today Low System Memory Warnings were poping up every now and...
  8. C Drive Low on Space

C Drive Low on Space: Windows 10 EC 20262 My C drive is close to having no free capacity left. After re-installing Windows a few times my Users appear to have increased in number. Originally the C and D drives were one; I partioned single drive to have an OS and a data drive. I want to get...
  9. How do I fix an I/O error on drive C.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix an I/O error on drive C.: Worked at first, now I can't plug in my Ipod to load songs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-an-io-error-on-drive-c/24dd22be-ab19-4787-9e23-2c531a96d19d
  10. C drive memory

C drive memory: On a Surface Pro X , I have not installed any of my personal files and I am still down in my C drive memory by 90Gb. As far as I can see the applications are taking about 36 Gb. Where is the rest of the hard drive memory going? Thanks...