Windows 10: C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory.

Discus and support C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past few days leading up to two weeks, I've slowly been losing disk space on my C: drive. This usually isn't a problem since Windows will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carmelo Paz, Nov 24, 2022.

1. C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory.

For the past few days leading up to two weeks, I've slowly been losing disk space on my C: drive. This usually isn't a problem since Windows will create log files, dumps, etc. on its own, but lately, the size of files being written to my disk exceeds more than a few gigabytes. Moreover, I'm not sure what's causing this. I haven't installed any applications in C: drive for the past month in fact, I've done nothing but uninstall apps on it yet my available disk space continues to dwindle.I have a 256GB SSD installed on my laptop running Windows 10. I have 115 apps in total in my C: drive, with

:)

Carmelo Paz, Nov 24, 2022
  2. PaulPChou Win User

Temporary Files on C: slowly eating entire disk

hi azPaul52:

So, what do you mean by slowly eating entire disk? Are losing C drive space? Have you tried deleting temp files? Please click the Windows button and R at the same time and type: %temp%. Then delete the files there and close the folder. Second: do click the
    Windows button and R at the same time and type: temp. Also, delete the files in the download folder. Please go to the C drive and click on Windows. Then, go to SoftwareDistribution and click on the Download folder. Delete everything there. When you go to disk
    cleanup for example, does the temporary files show 0MB or like 10.5MB? If it does show more than 0MB of space, do these steps.

reminder, the following steps involve registry and do not modify other things, as it might cause serious issues with your device.

1. Please type reg under search and it will show Registry editor. Please click on run as administrator.

2. Then, go to, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Temporary Files

3. In the right-pane, double-click LastAccess.

4. Set the value data for LastAccess to 10. That is what I did for mine.

After you are finished and go back to Storage and Temporary Files or the disk cleanup, you will notice under temporary files, it will state 0 bytes. A reminder: Even though it might state like 2.07 MB under temporary files, but when you actually delete the
    files manually, it will have no affect at all. You don't lose disk space because of it.

You can go to the Microsoft store and download Total PC Cleaner to clean files.

PaulPChou, Nov 24, 2022
  3. rboppy Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

That reduced System Volume Information to 662 KB, left $GetCurrent at 3.8 GB which is called media when clicking the little arrow. Storage sense or Disk cleanup gave no reference to $GetCurrent, and the [2 files] are pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys.

- - - Updated - - -

I will thank everyone and mark this thread as solved, I now have over 27 GB of free space on my C: drive, it must just slowly get down to size where Windows warned me with a red "flag" when viewing This PC.

rboppy, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Absuard Win User

C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory.

C disk losing space for no reason

Hi i have problem with my c disk i have ssd and space keeps filling slowly there is no virus

No hibernate or system restore i do cleans but it won't help i reinstalled windows 4 time and even changed ssd but problem is same pls help it keeps losing space for no reason

For cleaning i use clean master i have installed treesize but i cant find what takes space from my c disk pls help

Absuard, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory.

1. C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory. - Similar Threads - drive has slowly

2. C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory.: For the past few days leading up to two weeks, I've slowly been losing disk space on my C: drive. This usually isn't a problem since Windows will create log files, dumps, etc. on its own, but lately, the size of files being written to my disk exceeds more than a few...
  3. C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive has slowly been losing disk space without any indication what's eating memory.: For the past few days leading up to two weeks, I've slowly been losing disk space on my C: drive. This usually isn't a problem since Windows will create log files, dumps, etc. on its own, but lately, the size of files being written to my disk exceeds more than a few...
  4. C disk losing space for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C disk losing space for no reason: Hi i have problem with my c disk i have ssd and space keeps filling slowly there is no virus No hibernate or system restore i do cleans but it won't help i reinstalled windows 4 time and even changed ssd but problem is same pls help it keeps losing space for no reason For...
  5. C disk losing space for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C disk losing space for no reason: Hi i have problem with my c disk i have ssd and space keeps filling slowly there is no virus No hibernate or system restore i do cleans but it won't help i reinstalled windows 4 time and even changed ssd but problem is same pls help it keeps losing space for no reason For...
  6. C disk losing space for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/: Hello, I am losing hard drive space on my drive C:/. Yesterday, the drive was at 90.9 GB used. When I woke it up from sleep it was at 91.4 GB used and now it is at 91.7 GB used. This is only on the small SSD and the larger 4TB HDD does not have this problem. The PC is a new...
  8. C drive constantly losing space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive constantly losing space: I need a little help with my hard drive. It’s a Windows 10 and it’s consistently losing space by the day. I scanned it for malware multiple times and no threats are detected. I’ve already tried cleaning up the desk and deleting newer files that I didn’t need. What else can I...
  9. Temporary Files on C: slowly eating entire disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Files on C: slowly eating entire disk: "Temporary files" on drive C: keeps growing without apparent cause. Like some temp file is created but when done is never deleted. After a week or so my entire 2 TB drive shows Settings, System, Storage as used by "Temporary files" but the detail shows nothing over 1.2 GB....
  10. C: drive progressively loses space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C: drive progressively loses space: Hello, My C: drive is progressively losing space the longer my computer is on. I am currently experiencing the worst example of it so far, which has prompted me to post this support request. Three hours ago, I turned my computer on. C: had 32GB of free space. Thirty...