Windows 10: C Drive is full after a Microsoft update - Windows 10 OS

Discus and support C Drive is full after a Microsoft update - Windows 10 OS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Computer has 500GB SSD. with only 200gig used as of a week or so ago. Tried to print and got a disk full message today. Noticed the C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beltran, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Beltran Win User

C Drive is full after a Microsoft update - Windows 10 OS

Computer has 500GB SSD. with only 200gig used as of a week or so ago. Tried to print and got a disk full message today. Noticed the C drive completely full except for 1G of space.

1 have run all the microsoft tools to clean up the drive.

2 installed Folder Size Explorer and it does not show anything taking up hundreds of gigs of space. However, it cannot see these folders, even with Administrator rights.

C Drive is full after a Microsoft update - Windows 10 OS 0f0b53ab-4bbd-4d0a-accf-7f59bba23a58?upload=true.jpg

3 Microsofts Storage tool shows a lot of space used in temporary files.

C Drive is full after a Microsoft update - Windows 10 OS 05c9e2e3-a9f4-4606-a4e5-34730853c39e?upload=true.jpg

Even with Admin rights I cannot see into these folders to determine which of them has all this space consumed.

I need some suggestions on how to address this.

:)

Beltran, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jan 15, 2020
  4. C Drive is full after a Microsoft update - Windows 10 OS

little cat, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

C Drive is full after a Microsoft update - Windows 10 OS

1. C Drive is full after a Microsoft update - Windows 10 OS - Similar Threads - Drive full Microsoft

2. Make empty G drive OS when C drive is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make empty G drive OS when C drive is full: My OS on C drive is full and I want to make the much larger G drive my boot drive. Issue is that I cannot delete anything on the C drive. I uninstall programs and they stay put. Since the C is full, the clean Windows install won't download so I am stuck in a circle. I can't...
  3. Make empty G drive OS when C drive is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make empty G drive OS when C drive is full: My OS on C drive is full and I want to make the much larger G drive my boot drive. Issue is that I cannot delete anything on the C drive. I uninstall programs and they stay put. Since the C is full, the clean Windows install won't download so I am stuck in a circle. I can't...
  4. C Drive is getting full after updates of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive is getting full after updates of Windows 10: I have two disk partitions in my laptop, One is Disk-1: 2 TB Hard Disk Disk D, E & F & second is Disk-2: 128 GB SSD for C-Drive 104 GB & others which i don't know. I already done on Temporary files, Windows Old Version & Recycle Bin. Please suggest...
  5. C Drive is getting full after updates of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive is getting full after updates of Windows 10: I have two disk partitions in my laptop, One is Disk-1: 2 TB Hard Disk Disk D, E & F & second is Disk-2: 128 GB SSD for C-Drive 104 GB & others which i don't know. I already done on Temporary files, Windows Old Version & Recycle Bin. Please suggest...
  6. C Drive is getting full after updates of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 C drive is full

Windows 10 C drive is full: I am running Windows 10 on my desktop computer. My c drive is full. I want to erase and start over.I have read so many articles and am real confused as to what to do. can someone give me step by step instructions? I just purchased an external hard drive and copied most of my...
  8. drive c full after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive c full after reset: my drive c full after I resset my pc windows 10 can u help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-full-after-reset/687f2d37-a735-4cdc-8cee-27ef35f6fc7f
  9. Windows 10 update and c. Drive full

Windows 10 update and c. Drive full: i have a fujitsu lifebook AH532. I have the windows 10 upgrade telling me my c drive full and one d drive that is empty. Can anyone advise me how to proceed please?...
  10. C: is full after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C: is full after latest Windows 10 update: Hello, I have update my computer with the latest windows 10 update and my C: now reads that I have only 60 GB Free out of 446 GB. The strange thing is that when I go to the root of my C: drive and select all the files and do a properties check to see what the total comes...