Windows 10: C: drive is full for no reason

Discus and support C: drive is full for no reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been doing research for a little while now and still cant clear it up. I just got CCleaner to make sure there's no big files on my drive and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LDPanter, Feb 29, 2020.

1. C: drive is full for no reason

I've been doing research for a little while now and still cant clear it up. I just got CCleaner to make sure there's no big files on my drive and I've followed all the steps on all sorts of YouTube videos. The only things I have on my drive are windows, spotify, steam, uplay and a video editor. I dont have any games or anything, but is it possible that having steam there is a problem? I honestly have no clue

submitted by /u/LDPanter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LDPanter, Feb 29, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 29, 2020
  4. C: drive is full for no reason

C drive inaccessible

Hi Paritosh,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• Have you logged in as an administrator?

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    An "Access Denied" error message can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership has changed.
    • You do not have the appropriate permissions.
    • The file is encrypted.
    Before we could reset the computer, let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow these steps to take the ownership of the drive.

• Right click on Drive C and click
      Properties.

• Switch to Security tab, click Edit and
      Add to add your user account, if it is not listed. Assign the
      full control permission
      for your own account and click OK.

• Click Advanced, switch to Ownership tab and click
      Edit button.

• Highlight your user account and click
      Apply
      , and then click OK.
    Step 2: Let us try to disable to UAC settings and check.

• Press Windows key + S and type
      User account control

• Select Change User Account Control Settings.

• Move the slider to Never notify and click
      Ok.
    Refer: "Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2623670

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

C: drive is full for no reason

1. C: drive is full for no reason - Similar Threads - drive full reason

2. C drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive full for no reason: Ive had a issue with my C drive for a while it keeps getting smaller and smaller after every update and now i cant update anything on my C drive. I dont have alot of programms on C drive its nearly empty besides like 2-4 programms that i have installed. I tried cleanup and...
  3. C drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive full for no reason: Ive had a issue with my C drive for a while it keeps getting smaller and smaller after every update and now i cant update anything on my C drive. I dont have alot of programms on C drive its nearly empty besides like 2-4 programms that i have installed. I tried cleanup and...
  4. My C drive is full without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C drive is full without reason: I've run into a strange problem recently. My computer keeps telling me that my C drive is full, so I deleted some files from Dropbox to free up space. However, a few hours later, the same message popped up again. I even tried deleting files from other folders, but nothing...
  5. Win11 c drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 c drive full for no reason: Hi, im using win 11. my c drive keep full for no reason. i've been using win 11 for a month now.i've tried to clean up my disk and delete temp files. but it keep full eventhough theres no big files in it.pls help...
  6. Win11 c drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 c drive full for no reason: Hi, im using win 11. my c drive keep full for no reason. i've been using win 11 for a month now.i've tried to clean up my disk and delete temp files. but it keep full eventhough theres no big files in it.pls help...
  7. C drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive full for no reason: I've seen the my c drive is almost completly full, but I know I haven't downloaded anything to it. When I go to storage settings, it says that the 74 GB (which Is what was free before) is now used by apps and features. I enter the screen and I see bearly 56 small apps...
  8. Full C Drive for no reason on new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full C Drive for no reason on new computer: I have a new computer with a 256GB solid state hard drive. It is six months old and I have put less than 10GB of programs and data on it. My computer indicates the C Drive has only 2GB free. I have completed all the recommended cleaning utilities and followed youtube...
  9. Drive c is getting full by it self for no reason

Drive c is getting full by it self for no reason: Hey guys , i amhaving a weird problem with my drive c , it's getting full by itself and after some days get more space by itself 5 days ago my c drive just had 3gb free and after that day it got 20 gb free and after that it turned to 8gb free and now to 11gb free its not...
  10. C Drive Getting Full for no reason

C Drive Getting Full for no reason: My C drive keeps getting full. Only around 45 MB is free out of 228 GB. The biggest folder I have in there is Windows 10 with around 3 GB. There are no large hidden files. I check the Windows/Logs/CBS. It is only around 150 MB. I removed all downloads, temporary files,...