Windows 10: C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding

Discus and support C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; C Drive is Full. Need to add space. See attached photo of Drives. [img] I have deleted unused programs, files and System Restore. One partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RHARRIS123, Jul 6, 2016.

1. C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding

C Drive is Full. Need to add space. See attached photo of Drives.

C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding [​IMG]

I have deleted unused programs, files and System Restore. One partition is 20GB WINDOW Recovery SYSTEM.

ADOBE Photoshop Scratch Disk Partition can be Decreased in size or removed.

:)

RHARRIS123, Jul 6, 2016

2. Expanding C drive partition

I seem to have cloned C onto another SSD. Problem is, the rest of the space (124GB) is now taken up with a "recovery partition," whatever that is. No option to merge volumes

EdisonStewart, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 6, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding

To Remove:
    • Open disk management (Win+X->Dismanagement
    • right click on the scratch disk->Delete Volume
    • Right click on C: ->Extend Volume then use default for max size

To decrease in size: (Assuming it is just scratch disk, nothing need to save)

• Open disk management (Win+X->Dismanagement
    • right click on the scratch disk->Delete Volume
    • Right click on C: ->Extend Volume and enter the amount of space you want to extend, Example: 50GB then enter 51200

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  5. I REMOVED the Adobe Scratch Disk (123GB) and it is Unallocated at Present.....

Tried to Extend Volume on C Drive. Extend Volume is not an option when Right Click?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RHARRIS123, Jul 6, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    I am sorry I gave you wrong instruction, the screen shot is blurry, I didn't notice that there's a 450mb partition in between. You need to move the 450mb partition to the right so that the unallocated space is next to C drive to be able to extend.

Download: MiniTool Partition Wizard and install it then run.
    • Right click on the 450mb partition->Move
    • a window popups. Click and drag to move the 450 mb all the way to the right. Click Apply to commit the change
    • Now you can extend it.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Thanks, I have MiniTool Wizard installed. When MOVE/EXTEND is used, it will Not allow physically moving to the Right End. Only allows extending the size of partition. Am I doing something incorrect?

How do I physically move the partition to the Right? So, I am not as fast picking up....

RHARRIS123, Jul 6, 2016
  8. C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding

Thanks A Million.... Got It.... Hardest part was figuring how to move the partition to the right. I thought I was extending the volume but when I pulled the Lever from the Left Side the entire Slider Volumn moved together. I made a copy of the Volumn in case it changed....

Thank You Again!

RHARRIS123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding

1. C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding - Similar Threads - Drive FULL Need

2. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  3. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  4. full C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    full C: drive: My C: drive is full. Can I move the contents of AppData or any other file to my data disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-c-drive/09ea4039-f0e4-496d-9ac9-aade4b8ded66
  5. Expand C Drive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand C Drive partition: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude 3540 laptop. It has a 480GB SSD fitted, partitioned as C: & E:. There is about 20GB free of 220GB on C: and about 160GB free of 200GB on E:. In Computer Management, the two partitions are adjacent and there is no unallocated...
  6. Expanding C: drive

Expanding C: drive: Hi,I am running out of space on my C: Drive-and I have tried and searched the internet wisdom, but all answers apply to cases where everything is on the same diskI have 2 separate discs that's how computer came with my purchase-It seems I cannot move allocated partition from...
  7. Expanding volume of my C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Expanding volume of my C drive: My C drive is full. I have an empty D drive. I have a ton of unallocated space behind the D drive. Has anyone figured out how to get the unallocated storage into my C drive? I tried to delete the D drive, but that isn't allowed. I'm about at wit's end here and would...
  8. C- Drive full

C- Drive full: I bought a Dell Inspirion last May.. My C Drive has become full in about a year without me downloading anything new. I have done disk clean up, empty recycle bin etc. but still no luck. What should I do?...
  9. How To Expand C Drive

How To Expand C Drive: I would like to expand my C drive ... all I need is an extra 8 GB. :) I can delete the New Volume (and recreate it) but that does not give me the option to expand my C drive. I have attempted to use Easeus to no avail. Any other suggestions? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  10. hard drive full need help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    hard drive full need help: hello is there a better way to remove unused files in the windows folders, app folder or the user folder to create more space on my laptop hard drive. it seems i always hitting the ceiling and i store most docs and pics on clouds so why is this not working/...