Windows 10: C drive is messed up?

Discus and support C drive is messed up? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I think I screwed up my C drive. I somehow deleted it, then copied it from a jump drive. It did say C/windows. Then I renamed it C:/drive. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ornerypoo, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ornerypoo Win User

C drive is messed up?

I think I screwed up my C drive. I somehow deleted it, then copied it from a jump drive. It did say C/windows. Then I renamed it C:/drive. When I click on C drive I'm using the dark theme all programs listed on main page in center are grayed outcan't hardly read them. When I click on prog files, same thing, also with prog files86. I noticed when I right click on C drive, before I click on properties it shows format on the context menu. Is this right? I hope you can help me?

Thanks,

Ornerypoo

:)

ornerypoo, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

C drive is messed up?

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

C drive is messed up?

1. C drive is messed up? - Similar Threads - drive messed

2. One drive has messed up my whole PC. How do I get my files back on my PC, and switch off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive has messed up my whole PC. How do I get my files back on my PC, and switch off...: One drive asked me if I wanted to back-up my files, it does not back up, it steals them and puts them online and in the process loses lots of them and makes your whole document opening slower. This is not what I wanted, and its not what it said it would do back upI dont want...
  3. One drive has messed up my whole PC. How do I get my files back on my PC, and switch off...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive has messed up my whole PC. How do I get my files back on my PC, and switch off...: One drive asked me if I wanted to back-up my files, it does not back up, it steals them and puts them online and in the process loses lots of them and makes your whole document opening slower. This is not what I wanted, and its not what it said it would do back upI dont want...
  4. One drive has messed up my whole PC. How do I get my files back on my PC, and switch off...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?: I was initially setting up OneDrive and stopped syncing my files and disconnected one drive but it moved a lot of my local files off my computer to where when I click on folders it says invalid path and I cant even open them in file explorer. Even stopping the sync and...
  6. One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?

One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?: I was initially setting up OneDrive and stopped syncing my files and disconnected one drive but it moved a lot of my local files off my computer to where when I click on folders it says invalid path and I cant even open them in file explorer. Even stopping the sync and...
  7. One drive has messed with all files. Downloads fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. One drive messed up ALL of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  9. One drive messed up ALL of my files

One drive messed up ALL of my files: I was uploading ONE word doc to one drive and thought nothing of it. Later I come back to my computer and my ENTIRE computers files were uploaded without my permission or settings. Is there a comprehensive dashboard that I can tune what files go to one drive instead of just...
  10. One drive messed up my quick access

One drive messed up my quick access: OneDrive was set up to backup desktop and documents.I'd been taking my music sample library 145gb whichis stored on my second drive, and creating a rar file thenputting the rar on my desktop backup folder which is setto offline only. My second hard drive is what windows...