Windows 10: C drive is messed up?

Discus and support C drive is messed up? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I think I screwed up my C drive. I somehow deleted it, then copied it from a jump drive. It did say C/windows. Then I renamed it C:/drive. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ornerypoo, Jan 15, 2020 at 2:32 AM.

1. ornerypoo Win User

C drive is messed up?

I think I screwed up my C drive. I somehow deleted it, then copied it from a jump drive. It did say C/windows. Then I renamed it C:/drive. When I click on C drive I'm using the dark theme all programs listed on main page in center are grayed outcan't hardly read them. When I click on prog files, same thing, also with prog files86. I noticed when I right click on C drive, before I click on properties it shows format on the context menu. Is this right? I hope you can help me?

Thanks,

Ornerypoo

:)

2. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jan 15, 2020 at 3:01 AM
  4. Arun B J Win User

C drive is messed up?

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thema:

C drive is messed up?

1. C drive is messed up? - Similar Threads - drive messed

2. Messed up nvidia control panel after connecting external drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up nvidia control panel after connecting external drive.: Got a new computer, wanted to transfer some files from my old system so i put my old hdd that had Windows 10 on it into an enclosure and hooked it up to my new computer. Naturally i got access denied when i tried to access some of the stuff from it since some of it was in...
  3. I messed up my Desktop and D drive files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed up my Desktop and D drive files.: Ok so I was being really dumb and tried to store the files stored on my Desktop in my D drive but everything got all jumbled and I did not get the desired result. I have tried restoring the default location on my Desktop which is now stated to be my D drive, but I get an...
  4. Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 messing with each other's NTFS drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 messing with each other's NTFS drives: I use Windows 10 Pro most of the time, but I sometimes booted into Windows 7 Pro by selecting a drive its installed on in BIOS. The first time I did this Windows 7 insisted on doing a check on every drive in the system that Windows 10 uses before displaying the sign-on...
  5. Accidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive?

Accidentally hid/deleted/otherwise messed up files in my disk drive?: I just got a new prebuilt PC, and while trying to figure out why so much stuff was on my SSD, I did something to the files. I had them all highlighted, clicked properties, and then checked the attributes: hidden tab, apply, and everything disappeared... my Program Files...
  6. Windows Update (war never changes) 1903 messed my computer up bigtime. Drive letters mixed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update (war never changes) 1903 messed my computer up bigtime. Drive letters mixed up.: I hate that Windows is like this. You have no freakin idea what's happening to your PC. I've heard people say Windows Update takes so long to finish bc of all its security features and failsafes. Well that is probably BS most of the time. My recovery neither could uninstall...
  7. Will connecting another computer's boot drive to my main PC mess it up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will connecting another computer's boot drive to my main PC mess it up: I have an old Windows 7 laptop that has been acting up. I want to take its boot drive and hook it up to my main Windows 10 desktop via USB just to explore the drive and see if it appears to have data on and if it appears to be corrupted. If everything looks ok, I'd plan on...
  8. One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized

One Drive messed up the date my songs are organized: Hi, I'm having some problems with how Groove music is sorting my songs atm. You see i tried to store all of my songs onto One Drive after i got it up and running on my laptop but once i found out that i didn't have enough space on there to put all 1377 of my songs i decided...
  9. Computer messed up after moving files across drives

Computer messed up after moving files across drives: I was trying to free up space in my C drive, so i moved the 'User' folder into the D drive and then tried deleting it from the C drive. Now my desktop background is black (like the pic I had there is now gone, I can still see the display, obviously since I'm here) and I can't...
  10. so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess

so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess: https://i.imgur.com/kI9ydtr.png why does it look like this https://i.imgur.com/yZ58YXK.png drives that are plugged in via USB are fine how do i fix this?...