Windows 10: C Drive is not accessible, Task Manager isn't opening

Discus and support C Drive is not accessible, Task Manager isn't opening in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/firm_Hologram8 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/firm_Hologram8, Mar 7, 2021.

1. C Drive is not accessible, Task Manager isn't opening

/u/firm_Hologram8, Mar 7, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 7, 2021
  3. can not able to access c drive

Hi Dibya,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you logged into an Administrator or a standard user account?
    • Do you get any error code or message when you try to open Task Manager?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    I suggest you to try follow the path to open Task Manager

C:\Windows\System32

Double click on the file, taskmgr.exe and see if Task Manager opens.

Try the following steps to take the ownership of the C drive.

• Open This PC
    • Right click on the C:\ drive and go to Properties.
    • Click on Security tab and select Edit on Change permissions.
    • Check all the boxes under it.
    • Finally, go to Advanced and Change the Owner name.
    • Click on Owner and type your user name and click on Check.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, you can further try running a System File Checker (SFC) Scan on the system and check if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the required details for further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Evans1 Win User

C Drive is not accessible, Task Manager isn't opening

access denied c: drive

tried that it worked until the explorer.exe step ... it didnt work i managed to get to my c drive through the task manager processes but it was still the same...

thanks

Evans1, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

C Drive is not accessible, Task Manager isn't opening

1. C Drive is not accessible, Task Manager isn't opening - Similar Threads - Drive accessible Task

2. Task manager isn't showing anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager isn't showing anything: [ATTACH] It's just been looking like this for months https://preview.redd.it/zy9l5u3h9lqa1.png?width=682&format=png&auto=webp&s=9bdb3dc8e09a00de678a7cfe31b555838fc59028 submitted by /u/DaPloopoo [link] [comments]...
  3. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  4. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  5. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Task Manager 'access denied'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'access denied': When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-access-denied/472e548c-c469-4a62-8771-d44284bbd8b0
  7. Task Manager will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager will not open.: Hi everyone. I am running into an issue with Task Manager. When I try to open it (via ALL ways), I get the admin prompt that asks me permission to open it. After saying yes, the program never ends up opening. The thing is that the task manager prompt says that it is from an...
  8. TASK MANAGER "ACCESS DENIED"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER "ACCESS DENIED": Hello there i was installing a new software call music maker 2017 steam edition on my pc so i opened all good for this point but it started to crash and after that i decided well maybe is a bugg i would turn off my pc . i turn off the pc i started as normal but this...
  9. cannot access task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access task manager: I blocked Recovery through the GPO with “hide: Recovery” because I need to remove access to advanced startup. Everything worked fine but I have found out recently that the task manager is blocked. I am not sure if it is the blocking of Recovery caused this issue or not. But...
  10. cannot access task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot access task manager: [ATTACH] what i can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cannot-access-task-manager/8dd70abb-6365-4199-a7bc-5197f71134a8