Windows 10: C drive is showing more used space than the amount of all the content on the drive

Discus and support C drive is showing more used space than the amount of all the content on the drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So my C drive's "blue bar" turned red this morning when i turned on my laptop. It showed that C drive had around 8GB free out of 99GB. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kosann, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Kosann Win User

C drive is showing more used space than the amount of all the content on the drive

Hi,

So my C drive's "blue bar" turned red this morning when i turned on my laptop.

It showed that C drive had around 8GB free out of 99GB. I selected all files inside, right clicked and clicked Properties, it was showen that it all was 66GB of space taken and not 91GB. I deleted all temp filesSettings->Storage->Temporary FIles that i could all things that i didnt need anymore, unnecesaary downloads etc. Literally cleaned it as best as i could and now it shows that i have 18GB free out of 99GB so it means that 81G is taken, but when i go to properties like before it shows that 58GB is taken.

So that is around 23GB that are just gone? or what?

I googled about this and only found that you can delete temp files and similar things. I also found out that checking properties wont include all files, i dont know if this is true or not, but again is there rly 23GB of hidden files?

Do i maybe have a virus or something?

My laptop is kinda new it is little over a year old and i used it only for studyingdownloading materials for classes, watching online classes, coding... and i have a few video games.

I dont know how it could get so full that much.

Preciate all help.

:)

Kosann, Dec 15, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 15, 2020
  3. c drive showing more used space than the amount of all the contents on the drive

Hello,

i have problem in c drive in windows 10 up to date

c drive showing more used space than the amount of all the contents on the drive like this screenshot

C drive is showing more used space than the amount of all the content on the drive 5e6aa0ac-8c9f-431b-b878-3abb6f5dc8a1.jpg

i see from this pc outside drive 77 GB used

and when i enter drive c and show all hidden files and select all and properties i see 54 Gb used only like this screenshot

C drive is showing more used space than the amount of all the content on the drive d8ada9eb-3fb7-438f-9386-4b4d8ce14d60.jpg

also i deleted all shadows on the c with "vssadmin delete shadows /for=c: /all"

and disabled it from system protection in drive c

what the reason and how can fix this ?

Thanks

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC **

LinuxMaster, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

C drive is showing more used space than the amount of all the content on the drive

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC drive is showing more used space than the amount of all the content on the drive :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. C drive is showing more used space than the amount of all the content on the drive - Similar Threads - drive showing more

2. properties of C drive shows more space used than total of all folders on root of C incl....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    properties of C drive shows more space used than total of all folders on root of C incl....: The properties of my local storage C drive show it is using 475 GB of storage. I got the properties of all folders on the root of C drive and the total is only 366 GB. Yes, Hidden and system files are shown. That's over 100GB of space either used or wasted somewhere. I've...
  3. properties of C drive shows more space used than total of all folders on root of C incl....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    properties of C drive shows more space used than total of all folders on root of C incl....: The properties of my local storage C drive show it is using 475 GB of storage. I got the properties of all folders on the root of C drive and the total is only 366 GB. Yes, Hidden and system files are shown. That's over 100GB of space either used or wasted somewhere. I've...
  4. properties of C drive shows more space used than total of all folders on root of C incl....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. C-drive shows more "used" space than folders all together

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C-drive shows more "used" space than folders all together: I am monitoring the free space on a C-drive on two different Win10 PCs.I have noted the "size" of each folder in the C-root - including two "hidden folders".When calculating the overall size by adding up each folder in GB, I find on one PC that I have a fairly good match with...
  6. C-drive shows more "used" space than folders all together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C-drive shows more "used" space than folders all together: I am monitoring the free space on a C-drive on two different Win10 PCs.I have noted the "size" of each folder in the C-root - including two "hidden folders".When calculating the overall size by adding up each folder in GB, I find on one PC that I have a fairly good match with...
  7. C-drive shows more "used" space than folders all together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. C drive showing more used space than the space occupied by all files inside the drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive showing more used space than the space occupied by all files inside the drive: basically my c drive has 217gb storage ssd of which 103 gb is shown as used space . when I select all the files in c drive and check on properties only 40 gb is shown as size on disk .then i should have have additional 77 gb storage kindly help me windows 10 os...
  9. The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.: This is a frequent issue with my laptop. The used space is always greater than space actually acquired by the contents of the drive. There are no hidden files that might be acquiring the space. This usually happens the drive which is talked about above is E when I make a...
  10. The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.: [ATTACH] This is a frequent issue with my laptop. The used space is always greater than space actually acquired by the contents of the drive. There are no hidden files that might be acquiring the space. This usually happens ( the drive which is talked about above is E )...