Windows 10: C drive keeps filling up for no reason

Discus and support C drive keeps filling up for no reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, my C Drive keeps filling up for no reason, free space on it is dangerously low and I don't know what to do. I've cleared all %temp% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/killmonger2367, Jul 5, 2020.

1. C drive keeps filling up for no reason

Hello there,

my C Drive keeps filling up for no reason, free space on it is dangerously low and I don't know what to do. I've cleared all %temp% and temp files and it still is low on space.

somebody please help me with this asap

submitted by /u/killmonger2367
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/killmonger2367, Jul 5, 2020
  2. RickFran84, Jul 5, 2020
  3. C drive keeps Filling UP

My C drive keeps filling up. I have tried all options of removing temp data . I have been looking for a solution all week. Please help!

AbhinavShankar, Jul 5, 2020
  4. busreilly Win User

C drive keeps filling up for no reason

C Drive Keeps Filling Up

Thanks. Extremely interesting article. I followed the steps as outlined, but when I was as the step to Stop the Windows Modules Installer Service, it was already stopped. So I was not quite sure how to proceed, so I abandoned the process. Since I had
    already manually deleted most of the cab files, I now have 190 GB free space. I will closely monitor the free space to see how quickly it fills up, and if it fills up as quickly as the article suggests might happen, I will try again to follow the instructions
    to see if I can get it to work. With the service already stopped, and set to Manual, if I get to that point again, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks again for this very insightful article -- it sure explains a lot.

busreilly, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

C drive keeps filling up for no reason

1. C drive keeps filling up for no reason - Similar Threads - drive keeps filling

2. C-Drive being filled up for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C-Drive being filled up for no reason: Hello,I'm a Windows 11 user.I was checking my storage space but I noticed that there was only 3.3 GB of space available out of 146 GB of space.I have manually shifted all of my downloads into my D drive so i'm unsure as to why this is happening.Can someone help me with this?...
  3. C-Drive being filled up for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C-Drive being filled up for no reason: Hello,I'm a Windows 11 user.I was checking my storage space but I noticed that there was only 3.3 GB of space available out of 146 GB of space.I have manually shifted all of my downloads into my D drive so i'm unsure as to why this is happening.Can someone help me with this?...
  4. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive filling up automatically for no reason: whenever I restart my PC I see my C Drive is filling up automatically for no reason ,It has taken approx 20GB of space in last 3-4 restart cycle,I don't even have that fast internet that could download that much data without interrupting everything else....
  5. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive filling up automatically for no reason: whenever I restart my PC I see my C Drive is filling up automatically for no reason ,It has taken approx 20GB of space in last 3-4 restart cycle,I don't even have that fast internet that could download that much data without interrupting everything else....
  6. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SSD C: drive filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD C: drive filling up for no reason: I restarted my computer and had 30 gigs free, I then turned it off and and turned it on the next day, and it only had 8 gigs left. What is going on? I have ran disk cleanup, cleared temp folder, everything is updated, and am currently running a full scan with malwarebytes....
  8. My C: drive is filling up for no reason

My C: drive is filling up for no reason: I have recently been added a 1TB D: drive in my PC besides the 222 GB C: drive I had before. And since then for no reason my C: drive starts to fill up from 150GB free space to 46GB free space, it stays like that for a few days and then goes back to normal, and then again...
  9. My C drive keep filling up for no reason :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My C drive keep filling up for no reason :: Few days ago after I updated windows to 20h2 version, I noticed my C drive is filling up for no reason. I have scanned my PC via AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes but all is good and clean. I ran CCleaner as well to get ride of junk files and have deleted %temp% files but still...
  10. My C Drive keeps filling for no reason...

My C Drive keeps filling for no reason...: Hi all, Since I did the most recent windows 10 update my C drive has been filling for no reason at all that I Can find. Ive looked through hidden and protected files and highlighted them all and they are using 100gb yet my 256gb ssd has 15gb free, this makes no sense to me....