Windows 10: C drive keeps have 2 folders created and I have no idea from what

Discus and support C drive keeps have 2 folders created and I have no idea from what in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 These 2 folders keep getting created after I delete them. (The names are random but always start with the same 2 digits [ie _b and AC])... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayShank, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JayShank Win User

C drive keeps have 2 folders created and I have no idea from what

Windows 10

These 2 folders keep getting created after I delete them. (The names are random but always start with the same 2 digits [ie _b and AC])

See picture

https://gyazo.com/80bb2b70a01cef3fbf53f14116622a47

Inside both folders they create garbage files (Again random files)

https://gyazo.com/fcfdd1c2f3b8b062d8c28e41a9626af0

I've tried CCleaner, malwarebytes, Windows defender, Avant, BitDefender and nothing finds anything wrong

also did a sfc /scannow and found nothing

Does anybody have any idea what is generating these folders and files?

:)

JayShank, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Can not create new folders

Hi Sushma,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue persist while creating new folders in C drive or it occurs in all drive?
    • Did you made any system changes prior to this issue?

This issue may arise due to bad sectors in disk drive. I would suggest you to repair the bad sectors on c: drive. To do this, kindly follow the steps suggested below.

• Press Start button and enter “Computer” in the Search box, tapping or clicking Apps, and then tapping or clicking Computer.
    • Press and hold or right-click the C: drive, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click the Tools tab, and then, under Error checking, tap or click
      Check. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Follow the instructions. You might need to restart your PC after error checking is complete.
    Now check if you can create folders in c: drive.

CHKDSK Disclaimer:

While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Dec 16, 2018
  4. C drive keeps have 2 folders created and I have no idea from what

Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

C drive keeps have 2 folders created and I have no idea from what

1. C drive keeps have 2 folders created and I have no idea from what - Similar Threads - drive keeps folders

2. On my C: drive I have a folder called "C'', what up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my C: drive I have a folder called "C'', what up?: On my C: drive I have a folder called "C'', in it seems to be 120 gig of Windows 10. The rest of the C: drive is windows 10... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-c-drive-i-have-a-folder-called-c-what-up/b52f5c28-b2a6-4358-80f6-e1e46652506d
  3. On my C: drive I have a folder called "C'', what up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my C: drive I have a folder called "C'', what up?: On my C: drive I have a folder called "C'', in it seems to be 120 gig of Windows 10. The rest of the C: drive is windows 10... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-c-drive-i-have-a-folder-called-c-what-up/b52f5c28-b2a6-4358-80f6-e1e46652506d
  4. On my C: drive I have a folder called "C'', what up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. In C drive, Windows folder I have "%APPDATALOCAL%" folder!

In C drive, Windows folder I have "%APPDATALOCAL%" folder!: Here is my full pathC\Windows\%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps\MsMpEng.exe.4600.dmpWhy it creates the folder "LOCALAPPDATA" in the Windows folder?Please help! Could I delete the folder or ignore it?...
  6. I have no idea what i did.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have no idea what i did.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lindanutztreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xg3jar/i_have_no_idea_what_i_did/
  7. I have 2 windows folders in my C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 2 windows folders in my C drive: i am having a problem where in my C drive there are 2 folders named Windows the first one when i open it it works but the second one doenst it says its not the correct locaton how do i get rid of the second one this all happened after i got a virus i think i got rid of the...
  8. I have 2 windows folders in my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 windows folders in my C drive: i am having a problem where in my C drive there are 2 folders named Windows the first one when i open it it works but the second one doenst it says its not the correct locaton how do i get rid of the second one this all happened after i got a virus i think i got rid of the...
  9. I have 2 windows folders in my C drive

10. I Have no idea what happened...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Have no idea what happened...: I went to restart my computer and left the room and came back to find my desktop completely reset. I still have all my apps and data but I can only access it from OS C:/ Users /(username) For example if I open the file explorer and hit documents nothing is there. If I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders are created with random 2 digits names windows 10