Windows 10: C Drive Low on Space

Discus and support C Drive Low on Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 EC 20262 My C drive is close to having no free capacity left. After re-installing Windows a few times my Users appear to have increased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Julian Grenfell, Nov 22, 2020.

1. C Drive Low on Space

Windows 10 EC 20262

My C drive is close to having no free capacity left. After re-installing Windows a few times my Users appear to have increased in number. Originally the C and D drives were one; I partioned single drive to have an OS and a data drive.

I want to get my Users to one, in the hope that I can regain some C drive space. I attach pictures of the problem. Help!

Regards

Julian C Drive Low on Space b22bebee-55ac-422c-9a84-fd427bbda0e4?upload=true.jpg C Drive Low on Space c34e905a-6743-4382-800d-b3e859aadee2?upload=true.jpg C Drive Low on Space 2ecc58c1-3191-4aa9-bd92-2e5acc9a816e?upload=true.jpg

C Drive Low on Space 99f91a1e-b5dc-4ca6-b547-90ca73d778ed?upload=true.jpg C Drive Low on Space efac988f-ed28-43fa-9610-144c246a88de?upload=true.jpg

:)

Julian Grenfell, Nov 22, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC Drive Low on Space :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Anwille Win User

C Drive Low on Space

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

C Drive Low on Space

1. C Drive Low on Space - Similar Threads - Drive Low Space

2. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  3. Low on space C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low on space C drive.: Low on space C drive. Have run optimize, disk cleanup. Picture folder show 844, yet when opened, folder shows empty. I have lightroom on c drive but all images are saved on D drive. Help please regarding low space on C drive!....
  4. Low disk space on c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low disk space on c drive: I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron 3670 using Microsoft Windows 10 Home x 64 based. I have just started to receive low disk space notifications. I can't get windows updates. I've deleted files and non-used apps, run disk clean up, run antivirus, run optimization tools...
  5. Re-enable low disk space notification on C: drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Re-enable low disk space notification on C: drive: I accidentally disabled the low disk space notification I get when I have low space on my C: drive. I accidentally clicked don't show me this again or something similar. Can you tell me to re-enable this notification? winver - 20h2 169386
  6. Re-enable low disk space notification on C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-enable low disk space notification on C: drive: I accidentally disabled the low disk space notification I get when I have low space on my C: drive. I accidentally clicked don't show me this again or something similar. Can you tell me to re-enable this notification? winver - 20h2 169386
  7. I have low disk space on C drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have low disk space on C drive.: I have low disk space on C drive. Need HELP Ed thomas *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-low-disk-space-on-c-drive/9b12bfd7-bb74-41e1-8316-e6d5b20c3649
  8. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...
  9. Drive space running low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive space running low: Hi. My local drive C seems to be over 550gb full yet the pc is only one week old and I don't have a lot of personal file. Personal files can only be around 5gb. Have tried running the CHKDSK for repairs but its still showing. As result keep receiving note my drive is almost...
  10. Local Disk C low space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local Disk C low space: Hi ! I think I'm having trouble with my Local Disc C memory, It's a SSD disk, which I use only to install my programs because it doesn't have much space. I save my files in the Disk D so I don't get why did Disk's C memory went so low ? So can u help me if there's a way to...