Windows 10: C drive memory

Discus and support C drive memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On a Surface Pro X , I have not installed any of my personal files and I am still down in my C drive memory by 90Gb. As far as I can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bonecons, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Bonecons Win User

C drive memory

On a Surface Pro X , I have not installed any of my personal files and I am still down in my C drive memory by 90Gb. As far as I can see the applications are taking about 36 Gb. Where is the rest of the hard drive memory going?

Thanks

:)

Bonecons, Dec 22, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 22, 2019
  4. 0micron Win User

C drive memory

N8 "phone memory C drive" is FULL -- apps freezing

You guys need to read the posts above. As a summary of the suggestions in this thread (I'm sure there would be other suggestions in other threads):

Go to Applications -> Settings -> Installations -> Already installed

Then you will see a list of all the applications that are stored on your phone, including the system applications. Right next to the name you will see an icon which will guide you whether the app is stored on the mass drive, or on the "system" drive which
    is the phone's C drive. Anything on C drive that can be moved to the mass drive should be moved - e.g. I had what'sapp, panorama, skype etc installed on C (I wasn't aware of that) so by removing those it cleared enough space.

Also in the same list you can remove the Ovi installer as it is just a backup in case you need it - and anyways when you do it would be downloaded again (if you have internet).

Another thing to do is clearing the web browser's cache memory which can be done by going to the browser's settings -> Privacy

Finally some people have suggested clearing your email's deleted items folder as the phone doesn't seem to be synchronizing that with the server.

All of the above helped me save approx. 30mb

0micron, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

C drive memory

1. C drive memory - Similar Threads - drive memory

2. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  3. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  4. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  6. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  7. Windows11 updated with Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive and Memory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 updated with Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive and Memory...: Hi everyone, little doubt here. I set Security > Virus & Threat > Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive as well as ALL the other drives in my PC. I have also Memory Integrity ON.Actually, every time I install a safe app, I disable the Controlled Folder Access...
  8. Windows11 updated with Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive and Memory...

Windows11 updated with Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive and Memory...: Hi everyone, little doubt here. I set Security > Virus & Threat > Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive as well as ALL the other drives in my PC. I have also Memory Integrity ON.Actually, every time I install a safe app, I disable the Controlled Folder Access...
  9. undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good: I have a USB memory stick full of music.I discovered a problem when i tried to copy it copy & paste failedIt seems the problem is a fault with the data storage on that drive; file explorer shows this: but when I try to delete the file I get "this is no longer...
  10. undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good

undeleteable file on memory stick; chkdsk says drive is good: I have a USB memory stick full of music.I discovered a problem when i tried to copy it copy & paste failedIt seems the problem is a fault with the data storage on that drive; file explorer shows this: but when I try to delete the file I get "this is no longer...