Windows 10: C Drive Missing in Windows 10

Discus and support C Drive Missing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have fixed my hidden C Drive in Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5749Z, and I get back on it and the C Drive is missing again. Help please!? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, May 16, 2016.

1. C Drive Missing in Windows 10

I have fixed my hidden C Drive in Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5749Z, and I get back on it and the C Drive is missing again.

Help please!?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Jesse Williams, May 16, 2016

2. c drive in windows 10

my c drive is missing for windows 10, how do I get back?

MarshaBeam, May 16, 2016
  3. Strange "C Missing" in Restore window

Results of testing Acronis clone and Image restore.

Boot SSD 1 – verified that there is no C Missing.

Created a second restore point for this drive.

Wipe SSD 2.

Clone SSD 1 to SSD 2 using Acronis 2016 booted from Rescue USB.

Boot from SSD 2.

C Missing exists on SSD 2

System Protection turned OFF for C System.

System Protection ON for C Missing.

Wipe SSD 2.

Image SSD1 to External backup drive using Acronis 2016 booted from Rescue USB.

Restore image from external drive to SSD2 with Acronis 2016 booted from Rescue USB.

Boot SSD2.

System Protection turned OFF for C System.

System Protection turned ON for C Missing.

My Results of testing;

Macrium clone creates C Missing folder on cloned drive.

Macrium Image restore does NOT create C Missing on imaged drive

Acronis clone creates C Missing folder on cloned drive.

Acronis image restore creates C Missing on imaged drive.

Turning Protection OFF on C Missing removes it from System Protection window.

Must turn protection on for C System.

These are my results - Others may have different results.

snifferpro, May 16, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

C Drive Missing in Windows 10

So, can you boot into Windows?

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2016
  5. Yes, I can. It's just hidden from the drive list when I go to Optimize Drives of the Control Panel.

Jesse Williams, May 17, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Is the C: actually an SSD rather than an HDD? If so maybe Win10 doesn't want the user doing anything with it.

Berton, May 18, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    See the blue NOTE below the Information box here:
    Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If a drive isn't appearing in Optimize Drives, it might be because it contains an error. Try to repair the drive with chkdsk first, then return to Optimize Drives to try again.

NavyLCDR, May 18, 2016
  8. C Drive Missing in Windows 10

C is the actual hard drive.

Jesse Williams, May 18, 2016
  9. I will upload a screenshot tomorrow. I am sorry for the lack of understanding.

10. C Drive Missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

11. I have to assume that file explorer shows c:\ and that you're only concerned about it
    not showing in drive optimization.

See what device manager says about the IDE ATA / ATAPI controller - post the

Properties > Driver tab

C Drive Missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

And the Details tab showing the Hardware Ids

Slartybart, May 19, 2016
  12. C Drive Missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Jesse Williams, May 19, 2016
  13. C Drive Missing in Windows 10

Thanks Jesse,

Something seems off though.
    The controller is Intel, but you have an AMD machine (per your specs)

I want to be certain of your machine:
    Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
    Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Thanks

Slartybart, May 19, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just curious Jesse, have you tried running chkdsk as suggested in the link I posted in post #5 to correct any possible file system errors that might be preventing C: drive from showing up in optimization control panel?

NavyLCDR, May 19, 2016
  15. This is my sister's computer. It's an Acer Aspire 5749Z Laptop with Intel. Mine is an Acer Aspire 5250 with AMD.

Jesse Williams, May 19, 2016
Thema:

C Drive Missing in Windows 10

1. C Drive Missing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Drive Missing

2. Old Drive, New Computer but missing some files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Drive, New Computer but missing some files: Hi There:And thanks for your help.So the issue is that my previous computer running Pro 10 had a coronary. The good news is that the hard drives survived, I have now plugged them into my new machine Win 11 Home thru a docking station.Now I do see the Program files, Windows...
  3. Old Drive, New Computer but missing some files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Drive, New Computer but missing some files: Hi There:And thanks for your help.So the issue is that my previous computer running Pro 10 had a coronary. The good news is that the hard drives survived, I have now plugged them into my new machine Win 11 Home thru a docking station.Now I do see the Program files, Windows...
  4. "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing: I can see a dark souls 3 program taking space in my programs list but when i try to uninstall it the uninstaller is missing. When i try to find file path its in a drive that is not in my pc. how do i fix this and remove the program? i had to abruptly end the installation...
  5. "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing

"The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing: I can see a dark souls 3 program taking space in my programs list but when i try to uninstall it the uninstaller is missing. When i try to find file path its in a drive that is not in my pc. how do i fix this and remove the program? i had to abruptly end the installation...
  6. One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer: Wish to unlink OneDrive from my computer but cannot find any OneDrive Icon. It is not listed on taskbar options, there is no vertical arrow at left on taskbar to unhide any hidden icons and when I tried the "windows Key+R" and typed in...
  7. One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer: Wish to unlink OneDrive from my computer but cannot find any OneDrive Icon. It is not listed on taskbar options, there is no vertical arrow at left on taskbar to unhide any hidden icons and when I tried the "windows Key+R" and typed in...
  8. One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer

9. I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing: I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-wifi-icon-no-internet-i-cant-download/17f42b1e-eab3-4a89-91ef-ea651a0b4199
  10. I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing

I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing: I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-wifi-icon-no-internet-i-cant-download/17f42b1e-eab3-4a89-91ef-ea651a0b4199