Windows 10: C Drive not accessible

Discus and support C Drive not accessible in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. Windows 10 is installed in C drive. By mistake i changed the security settings and now neither i can access it nor i can install anything on it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AmmarLi, Aug 21, 2018.

1. AmmarLi Win User

C Drive not accessible

Hi.

Windows 10 is installed in C drive. By mistake i changed the security settings and now neither i can access it nor i can install anything on it.

I've attached few of the pictures.

If you can help me in solving this issue i'll be really thankful to you.

Thanks,

Ammar

C Drive not accessible [​IMG] C Drive not accessible 899e183e-e271-4a9a-965b-6ca7774526cd?upload=true.jpg C Drive not accessible ab3d462c-f025-4bc1-9a50-89897408e09b?upload=true.jpg C Drive not accessible [​IMG] C Drive not accessible cd5643cb-8981-4d2a-8c14-32fdad0187af?upload=true.jpg

:)

AmmarLi, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CC Drive not accessible :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Aug 21, 2018
  4. C Drive not accessible

Can use any administation tools or access c drive

Hello,

Are you able to login to Admin account?

If yes, I suggest you to try the above steps from Step 2 and check if you can access files from C drive.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

C Drive not accessible

1. C Drive not accessible - Similar Threads - Drive accessible

2. How can I access and use my disk drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I access and use my disk drive?: For context my disk drive was somehow already formatted and partitioned. I have tried deleting the partition but all of the options for my disk are greyed out, also all of my attempts to manually fix it using CMD to delete the partition have failed. All I want is to use the...
  3. How can I access and use my disk drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access and use my disk drive?: For context my disk drive was somehow already formatted and partitioned. I have tried deleting the partition but all of the options for my disk are greyed out, also all of my attempts to manually fix it using CMD to delete the partition have failed. All I want is to use the...
  4. How can I access and use my disk drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  6. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  7. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  9. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  10. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c drive not accessible windows 10