Windows 10: C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

Discus and support C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pintree3, May 17, 2020.

1. pintree3 Win User

C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary normal SSD on Disk 1 and Now my newly added HDD Sata on DIsk 0.
    Shouldn't the OS which is on C: be on disk 0 and not 2? Is this problematic in any way? And can it be changed without causing problems or without a new install of Win10?

Win 10 latest version (can't give you the exact version number since the computer in question is running tests and I am writing to you form my laptop)

:)

pintree3, May 17, 2020
  2. pintree3 Win User

Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary normal SSD on Disk 1 and Now my newly added HDD Sata on DIsk 0.
    Shouldn't the OS which is on C: be on disk 0 and not 2? Is this problematic in any way? And can it be changed without causing problems or without a new install of Win10?

Win 10 latest version (can't give you the exact version number since the computer in question is running tests and I am writing to you form my laptop)

pintree3, May 17, 2020
  3. GiaChang Win User
    Cannot merge C drive (disk 0) with unallocated space (on disk 1)

Hi all,

I need some advice on whether it is possible - and if yes, how to merge my C drive on disk 0 with D drive on disk 1.

The problem is: my C drive is getting full soon, but previously after I deleted D drive and make it unallocated space (the bar of current D drive will change to black from blue), I still cannot expand C drive by adding the 100GB unallocated space into it.
    If I right click on C drive, the "expand" item is in gray.

I've searched online for solutions but so far only have seen same questions around. Does any one know the solution and do a big favor to explain how to do it step by step? Thanks much in advance!

P.S, sorry that the interface is not in English. Below page shows the "Disk Management" function, and you can see that:

1) Disk 0 has 55.78G, including C drive (55.21GB), 100MB of something I don't know what it is, and 473MB of recovery zone

2) Disk 1 has 100GB D drive, and 831.51GB E drive

C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem? 4d9a7925-db40-474e-9e8b-8352ef8dcf4a.jpg

GiaChang, May 17, 2020
  4. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

Cannot merge C drive (disk 0) with unallocated space (on disk 1)

You cannot combine space from two separate physical disks. You have two choices:

1. Replace your C drive (disk 0) with a larger disk, or

2. Move some of the files from the C drive to a D drive on disk 1. Be very careful moving files from C to D; moving the wrong files can render your PC inoperable.

Alan Russell, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem? - Similar Threads - drive disk DIsk

2. Extending C drive which placed in disk no 1 and E placed in disk no 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending C drive which placed in disk no 1 and E placed in disk no 0: I have in my disk manager about 490 unallocated GB in disk 0. My C drive is in another drive named "disk 1"- because of it I cant move the unallocated GB to my C drive. There is 1 quastion I found in google about this specific problem it has 1 comment that says to copy all my...
  3. Extending C drive which placed in disk no 1 and E placed in disk no 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending C drive which placed in disk no 1 and E placed in disk no 0: I have in my disk manager about 490 unallocated GB in disk 0. My C drive is in another drive named "disk 1"- because of it I cant move the unallocated GB to my C drive. There is 1 quastion I found in google about this specific problem it has 1 comment that says to copy all my...
  4. Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvme C drive (OS) is disk 1 and sata D drive ssd is disk 0: I recently upgraded my pc to an nvme i reinstalled os and everything was running perfectly fine Nvme was disk 0. After that i installed a sata ssd the sata turned into disk 0 and Nvme with the os turned into Disk 1. I can't find a clear answer as how to fix this or if this...
  5. What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?: In Windows 10 Disk Management, my computer shows a 'Disk 0' with two partitions, partition 1 and partition 4. It also shows a Disk C: OS. What is the difference between the partitioned Disk 0 and the OS disk? Notes: - I do NOT have a disk labeled 'Disk 1'. The...
  6. Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need more space in Disk 0 C drive: Hello: I need more space in my Disk 0, C drive which is my main partition for applications; then I have Disk 2 D drive where all my data are stored. Because I use a lot graphic development software I am running out of space in C drive and need more space. I know I can't move...
  7. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  8. C: drive went from being numbered as Disk 0 to Disk 2 ???

C: drive went from being numbered as Disk 0 to Disk 2 ???: Greetings, My week-long expedition into trying to discover a fix started with my C: drive shooting up to 100% activity, and Windows hanging/frozen/useless. Nothing worked, not even the mouse. This was ver. 1809 with a couple of updates (Jan 2nd and Jan 4th?) uninstalled. I...
  9. Disk 0 (C:) 100% activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk 0 (C:) 100% activity: When I restart my computer, and at various times after it has been running for a while, the C: drive activity goes to 100% for long periods of time, resulting in very slow performance. It is a dual quad core computer with 12 GBs of ram. Running the latest Windows 10 Home...
  10. disk C problem

disk C problem: as of tonight, the problem just began. when i right click on disk C to bring up disk cleanup, i got this error message...although i have no trouble accessing said disk. what is going on*Shock [img] 94843