Windows 10: C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space

Discus and support C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My C drive is showing less than 60GB space free out of 917GB, even though I just moved nearly 150GB worth of files to the cloud (OneDrive). So it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bigby65, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Bigby65 Win User

C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space

My C drive is showing less than 60GB space free out of 917GB, even though I just moved nearly 150GB worth of files to the cloud (OneDrive). So it should be showing over 200GB fee. How do I get the space back?

Note: I have already run Disk Cleanup.

:)

Bigby65, Jun 23, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 23, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

1. Did you empty the recycle bin ? If not, empty it.
    2. Delete the contents under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
      Those are downloaded Windows Updates files and already installed.
    3. Open Admin command, copy and paste the line below then run:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
      This should remove all the no longer used by component store. Will take a while to run.

topgundcp, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC Drive not reclaiming freed disk space :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space - Similar Threads - Drive reclaiming freed

2. C drive space not freed after deleting a program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space not freed after deleting a program.: I installed a file containing 2 programs from a pirate website. After deleting one of the apps, I checked my C drive and the space wasn't freed. When I tried downloading the second program I stopped it mid through because I decided I wouldn't really need it. However it still...
  3. C drive space not freed after deleting a program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive space not freed after deleting a program.: I installed a file containing 2 programs from a pirate website. After deleting one of the apps, I checked my C drive and the space wasn't freed. When I tried downloading the second program I stopped it mid through because I decided I wouldn't really need it. However it still...
  4. C drive space not freed after deleting a program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Reclaiming the space on a Hard Drive

Reclaiming the space on a Hard Drive: My desktop PC is new. It came with a SSD with Windows 10 pre-installed. It is partitioned as follows: _ System Reserved 50MB NTFS C: 476.40 GB NTFS _ 499 MB Healthy Recovery Partition The Windows installation is fine. Next I added a 4TB HDD, to use for...
  6. Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/

Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/: Hello, I am losing hard drive space on my drive C:/. Yesterday, the drive was at 90.9 GB used. When I woke it up from sleep it was at 91.4 GB used and now it is at 91.7 GB used. This is only on the small SSD and the larger 4TB HDD does not have this problem. The PC is a new...
  7. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...
  8. Extending disk space in drive c

Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...
  9. Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed: As the title suggests, only 9 gigabytes of disk space appear to have been freed after deleting roughly 18 gigabytes worth of old Windows files via Windows Disk Cleanup. Since the Windows.old folder still exists even after the cleanup, I decided to check the folder properties...
  10. reclaim space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reclaim space: hi...I recently installed xubuntu on a old packard bell dot .s netbook, I had lots of problems so decided to remove it. I used minitool partition wizard to delete partition but wiped it instead,now minitool partition shows that partition as other,is this the same as...