Windows 10: C Drive only drive is getting full quickly. But No reason is found.

Discus and support C Drive only drive is getting full quickly. But No reason is found. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Everyone,I have HP core i 7 with 8 GB Ram and 500 GB SSD. Using this brand new machine for just 3 months.OS is windows 11, with only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dhrumenstine, Sep 25, 2022.

1. C Drive only drive is getting full quickly. But No reason is found.

Hello Everyone,I have HP core i 7 with 8 GB Ram and 500 GB SSD. Using this brand new machine for just 3 months.OS is windows 11, with only one partition C DRIVE. The partition picture is below. I tried to see which files are grabbing the most amount and used the TreeSize application. and got an astonishing view. The 2nd picture is of the TreeSize result.In first picture, its showing the capacity of Windows c: is 475.82 GB and the d Free space is only 691 MB. In the 2nd picture, it's showing 143 GB and saying its 100% of the C: drive. I have tried all valid cleanup tools but a little amount c

:)

Dhrumenstine, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Sep 25, 2022
  4. C Drive only drive is getting full quickly. But No reason is found.

Trying to get C:\\drive back to where it was

Hi RobtnGwen,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to move the C:\\drive. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

1. Is the computer connected to a Domain Network?
    2. May I know what exactly you mean by "get C:\\drive back to where it was"?
    3. What is the exact error code or message you get while trying to move the C drive?
    4. What are all the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed to fix this issue?

Reply with more information to help you further.

How to ask an effective question

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

C Drive only drive is getting full quickly. But No reason is found.

1. C Drive only drive is getting full quickly. But No reason is found. - Similar Threads - Drive drive getting

2. C drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive full for no reason: Ive had a issue with my C drive for a while it keeps getting smaller and smaller after every update and now i cant update anything on my C drive. I dont have alot of programms on C drive its nearly empty besides like 2-4 programms that i have installed. I tried cleanup and...
  3. C drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive full for no reason: Ive had a issue with my C drive for a while it keeps getting smaller and smaller after every update and now i cant update anything on my C drive. I dont have alot of programms on C drive its nearly empty besides like 2-4 programms that i have installed. I tried cleanup and...
  4. C Drive only drive is getting full quickly. But No reason is found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive only drive is getting full quickly. But No reason is found.: Hello Everyone,I have HP core i 7 with 8 GB Ram and 500 GB SSD. Using this brand new machine for just 3 months.OS is windows 11, with only one partition C DRIVE. The partition picture is below. I tried to see which files are grabbing the most amount and used the TreeSize...
  5. Win11 c drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 c drive full for no reason: Hi, im using win 11. my c drive keep full for no reason. i've been using win 11 for a month now.i've tried to clean up my disk and delete temp files. but it keep full eventhough theres no big files in it.pls help...
  6. Win11 c drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 c drive full for no reason: Hi, im using win 11. my c drive keep full for no reason. i've been using win 11 for a month now.i've tried to clean up my disk and delete temp files. but it keep full eventhough theres no big files in it.pls help...
  7. C drive full for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive full for no reason: I've seen the my c drive is almost completly full, but I know I haven't downloaded anything to it. When I go to storage settings, it says that the 74 GB (which Is what was free before) is now used by apps and features. I enter the screen and I see bearly 56 small apps...
  8. Drive c is getting full by it self for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive c is getting full by it self for no reason: Hey guys , i amhaving a weird problem with my drive c , it's getting full by itself and after some days get more space by itself 5 days ago my c drive just had 3gb free and after that day it got 20 gb free and after that it turned to 8gb free and now to 11gb free its not...
  9. C Drive Getting Full for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive Getting Full for no reason: My C drive keeps getting full. Only around 45 MB is free out of 228 GB. The biggest folder I have in there is Windows 10 with around 3 GB. There are no large hidden files. I check the Windows/Logs/CBS. It is only around 150 MB. I removed all downloads, temporary files,...
  10. C: drive is full for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: drive is full for no reason: I've been doing research for a little while now and still cant clear it up. I just got CCleaner to make sure there's no big files on my drive and I've followed all the steps on all sorts of YouTube videos. The only things I have on my drive are windows, spotify, steam, uplay...