Windows 10: C Drive out of Space

Discus and support C Drive out of Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have installed the OS on SSD with 256 GB capacity. Files on my SSD including OS files are hardly of 63 GB. But windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CA HusainShujai, Dec 6, 2018.

1. C Drive out of Space

I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have installed the OS on SSD with 256 GB capacity. Files on my SSD including OS files are hardly of 63 GB.

But windows shows that there is only 1.02 GB free of 232 GB. I have moved pagefile.sys to other hard disk but it didnt work out. How do I free up space on my C Drive. Please Help!

:)

CA HusainShujai, Dec 6, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC Drive out of Space :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 6, 2018
  4. C Drive out of Space

My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

C Drive out of Space

1. C Drive out of Space - Similar Threads - Drive Space

2. How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive: Ok, let's get some requirements of this post out of the way, as it's irrelevant and I've always had this issue but only joined tenforums.com just now to seek advice from other Windows 10 users: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) But I must...
  3. all the space draining from the ssd main drive for weird reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all the space draining from the ssd main drive for weird reason: Okay, so i had this weird issue and not exactly sure what causing this. I had 7gb free space only left on my hard drive so, i moved one of my large games size of 40gb to another drive.. and for my surprise after it was done and i checked file explorer my c drive only showed...
  4. about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back: I created a virtual hard drive with the setting fixed size not virtually expanding type and it consumed the space of my local disk i.e. c drive and I have only 128 gb ssd and I am running out of space and as it was a virtual hard drive I am unable to extend my c drive even...
  5. not enough disk space c drive missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not enough disk space c drive missing: not enough disk space when i try to reinstall windows 10 tried to download tool and c drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-disk-space-c-drive-missing/26f11500-ed4f-43d9-8c87-1b5320dbae27
  6. Lost drive space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost drive space: Hi guys! I've just installed windows 10 on my dad's PC. He had used before windows 7 and then reinstalled another windows 7 besides it. Anyways, I decided to delete everything and install windows 10. When I got to the part with cleaning the partition I have deleted everything...
  7. Low drive space on brand new computer

Low drive space on brand new computer: I recently purchased a new computer HP Pavillion All in One. I loaded it up with Adobe Creative Suite, which I have done on several other computers with no problem. The system C drive has a capacity of 237 Gb. This drive now indicates that the total available space on the...
  8. Freeing space on windows c drive so I can reset laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeing space on windows c drive so I can reset laptop: I was hoping to simply factory reset my laptop so I can solely use it for work while I work from home. This however is proving difficult. Each time I go to reset it the pictured message pops up. I've tried so many ways to clear it and nothing is working, no space is being...
  9. How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive: Ok, let's get some requirements of this post out of the way, as it's irrelevant and I've always had this issue but only joined tenforums.com just now to seek advice from other Windows 10 users: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) But I must...
  10. Recovery Drive D: out of space

Recovery Drive D: out of space: I've been getting a note that Drive D; is running out of space. When I select Drive D: the only option is Help. I reduced Drive C: by 5GB but can't expand Drive D: Disk Management shows 260 MB Healthy Ef, WIndows C: 909.98 GB, 4.88 GTB Unallocated, 980 MB Healthy Recov,...