Windows 10: C drive Permissions

Discus and support C drive Permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; By default all my software and games are installed in C so My Documents/Videos/Pictures are the default save locations for respective software/game.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akshay_Sharma, May 6, 2020.

1. C drive Permissions

By default all my software and games are installed in C so My Documents/Videos/Pictures are the default save locations for respective software/game. After the latest Windows update, any game I playalready played before starts from the beginning and if i try to save the game after some progress, it says unable to save. I was trying to record using NVDIA Shadowplay. When i start recording it stopes immediately. As soon as i changed my save location from C to D, i am able to record flawlessly. Fusion360, Eagle,Fritzing are some software and all games such as fifa20 , battlefield have shown the error "unable to save at location..." i believe permissions needs to changes. Kindly help

:)

Akshay_Sharma, May 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, May 6, 2020
  3. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 6, 2020
  4. C drive Permissions

Permission problem on C: drive

Hello Kv,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are unable to take permission to access the C: drive.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account and check with the results.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Write to us with the updated information and we would want to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 6, 2020
Thema:

C drive Permissions

1. C drive Permissions - Similar Threads - drive Permissions

2. Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive: I'm getting this error whenever I try to rename USB Flash Drive. This started happening after I upgraded Windows to 11 Pro. Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive.Click Continue to complete this operation.Does anyone know how to...
  3. Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive: I'm getting this error whenever I try to rename USB Flash Drive. This started happening after I upgraded Windows to 11 Pro. Windows 11 - You will need to provide administrator permission to rename this drive.Click Continue to complete this operation.Does anyone know how to...
  4. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...: My permissions and the owner keep changing without my knowledge and without me actively changing anything of this nature.When attempting to follow fix relayed here related to the soon t be called Core 2 Users Windows Apps Broken By Update Disaster, I am locked out of Windows...
  5. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...: My permissions and the owner keep changing without my knowledge and without me actively changing anything of this nature.When attempting to follow fix relayed here related to the soon t be called Core 2 Users Windows Apps Broken By Update Disaster, I am locked out of Windows...
  6. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

7. No permissions on windows 11 hard drive when mapped from windows 10 PC.

No permissions on windows 11 hard drive when mapped from windows 10 PC.: I am mapped to the C: drive on a Windows 11 server from my Windows 10 PC. All sharing permissions checked ad nauseam and I am able to map and share specific folders on the C: drive with no issues. What should I check?...
  8. No permissions on windows 11 hard drive when mapped from windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No permissions on windows 11 hard drive when mapped from windows 10 PC.: I am mapped to the C: drive on a Windows 11 server from my Windows 10 PC. All sharing permissions checked ad nauseam and I am able to map and share specific folders on the C: drive with no issues. What should I check?...
  9. No permissions on windows 11 hard drive when mapped from windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. One drive isn't syncing one folder; no permissions. followed directions but don't know how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive isn't syncing one folder; no permissions. followed directions but don't know how...: One drive notified me that game folder had no permissions and wasn't syncing. Followed troubleshooter directions and I found the folder but I don't know how to put permissions back. I think I deleted it when i was cleaning out old downloads....