Windows 10: C: Drive Problems

Discus and support C: Drive Problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't understand how my C: Drive keeps taking my permission away and making a new admin named OWNER and putting $Window-WS, Am I hacked or what and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dwt66, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Dwt66 Win User

C: Drive Problems

I don't understand how my C: Drive keeps taking my permission away and making a new admin named OWNER and putting $Window-WS, Am I hacked or what and another thing ,when I check for previous versions it wi be 2-4 other dates it was changed Please tell me anything. Win 7UIT 64

:)

Dwt66, Oct 28, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 28, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

Macrium Rescue disk can be used to convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa without doing a fresh install of Windows.

1. Download Rescue6.1.1081X64.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk. Skip this step if you've already created the Macrium Rescue disk.
    2. Download: BootEFI_Only-00-00.zip - Google Drive . Unzip to an external or an internal HD
      NOTE:
      This is a copy of the first 3 partitions of my current Windows 10 x64 (450MB Recovery, 100MB EFI and 16MB MSR)
    3. Boot up Macrium Rescue disk and create a backup of your current Windows to another internal/external HD. It serves 2 purposes: you'd have a backup of your current Windows in case things go wrong and then use it to restore the C drive on the next steps.
    4. Next, switch the BIOS to UEFI and use Macrium to restore the first 3 partitions downloaded in step 2 to your current MBR Windows. No need to convert or Format, Macrium will do it.
    5. Again with Macrium, select the backup image from step 3, and copy back the C drive after the 3 partitions.
      After this step, you should have: 450MB, 100MB, 16MB and C drive (GPT partition scheme)
    6. From Macrium, click on Fix the Windows Boot Problems
    7. Reboot. Your Windows should be in UEFI mode.

topgundcp, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. C: Drive Problems - Similar Threads - Drive Problems

2. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  3. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  4. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  6. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  7. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Weird drive problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird drive problem.: So, I was transferring an ISO file to my USB drive, and it said its too big, and the drive shows that there's 14.5 GiB, but the error said that 5.10 GiB install.wim could not transfer due to the file being "larger" than 14.5 GiB....
  9. Weird drive problem.

Weird drive problem.: So, I was transferring an ISO file to my USB drive, and it said its too big, and the drive shows that there's 14.5 GiB, but the error said that 5.10 GiB install.wim could not transfer due to the file being "larger" than 14.5 GiB....
  10. c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem: i cant update laptop only had it 3 months and havent downloaded but one app so why is it full? someone help me understand how to fix this issue. i have several clouds as well and an external hard drive i bought last week which i havebt used yet. ant helpo would be great. how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. porblems with windows phone c drive