Windows 10: C Drive running out of space

Discus and support C Drive running out of space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop's local disk C: drive seems to be constantly filling up. I have an Acer Aspite V17, the C drive is 118GB and the D drive is 931GB. I work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by INeverHitYou, Oct 2, 2020.

1. C Drive running out of space

Hi, my laptop's local disk C: drive seems to be constantly filling up. I have an Acer Aspite V17, the C drive is 118GB and the D drive is 931GB. I work as an audio engineer and download a few GB worth of files each day to the laptop but always have the projects and the files saved to my D drive, yet the C drive still fills up. Can anyone explain why this happens and if there's a fix?

Thanks!!

:)

INeverHitYou, Oct 2, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC Drive running out of space :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 2, 2020
  4. C Drive running out of space

My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

C Drive running out of space

1. C Drive running out of space - Similar Threads - Drive running space

2. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  3. Running out of storage in C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running out of storage in C Drive: I'm running out of storage in my C drive and tried to clean my drive. When I checked Settings>Storage, I found that out of the 239 GB space in my C drive, about 179 GB is occupied by Other people. When I clicked on Other People it showed me 3 other accounts of my family...
  4. Running out of hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running out of hard drive space: I have to delete 7GB from my computer to allow windows updates. Can I delete things from 'Manage optional features' list, eg English GB handwriting, English GB optical character recognition, typing, etc, Microsoft Quick assist, OpenSSH client, and XPS viewer? Thanks in...
  5. Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1809 Pro N and it just updated yesterday. It then came up with a 1903 upgrade installation option. I have about 10 Gb left on my 111 Gb SSD C: drive. I've deleted files, used the Device Health and Performance as it had indicated that I was...
  6. Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1809 Pro N and it just updated yesterday. It then came up with a 1903 upgrade installation option. I have about 10 Gb left on my 111 Gb SSD C: drive. I've deleted files, used the Device Health and Performance as it had indicated that I was...
  7. running out of disk space on drive E

running out of disk space on drive E: i keep getting the following annoying message: Running out of disk space on E drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-out-of-disk-space-on-drive-e/d7214062-d1ab-477d-bd05-e3a24316e986"
  8. C Drive out of Space

C Drive out of Space: I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have installed the OS on SSD with 256 GB capacity. Files on my SSD including OS files are hardly of 63 GB. But windows shows that there is only 1.02 GB free of 232 GB. I have moved pagefile.sys to other hard disk but it didnt work out. How do I...
  9. Running out of Hard Drive space

Running out of Hard Drive space: I have a HP Stream 11 laptop I bought from Walmart, it came with Windows 8.1 and I went through the charade of upgrading from 8.1 to 10 so it would validate they key and then I immediately did a clean install. Sadly with this laptop, it only has a 32 GB eMMC drive...
  10. continuously running out of c:/ space

continuously running out of c:/ space: Hi, I have a laptop with 128GB SSD (system) and 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM. I bought it 3 months ago. I use the laptop for work on a daily basis mainly for 3D programs like 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini and some coding in python. Around month ago I moved pagefile.sys to the second HDD...