Windows 10: C drive shortcut created on another hard disk

Discus and support C drive shortcut created on another hard disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi From yesterday i noticed that a C drive Primary disk drive shortcut is automatically created on my D drive where i stored my album and video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DebprosadAdhikary, Aug 7, 2020.

1. C drive shortcut created on another hard disk

Hi

From yesterday i noticed that a C drive Primary disk drive shortcut is automatically created on my D drive where i stored my album and video files.On openning i saw same contents as original C drive.What is this? Can i delete it? i ran a virus scan with kaspersky and it is still same as before. pls help..

Thanx in advance...

:)

DebprosadAdhikary, Aug 7, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 7, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

Macrium Rescue disk can be used to convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa without doing a fresh install of Windows.

1. Download Rescue6.1.1081X64.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk. Skip this step if you've already created the Macrium Rescue disk.
    2. Download: BootEFI_Only-00-00.zip - Google Drive . Unzip to an external or an internal HD
      NOTE:
      This is a copy of the first 3 partitions of my current Windows 10 x64 (450MB Recovery, 100MB EFI and 16MB MSR)
    3. Boot up Macrium Rescue disk and create a backup of your current Windows to another internal/external HD. It serves 2 purposes: you'd have a backup of your current Windows in case things go wrong and then use it to restore the C drive on the next steps.
    4. Next, switch the BIOS to UEFI and use Macrium to restore the first 3 partitions downloaded in step 2 to your current MBR Windows. No need to convert or Format, Macrium will do it.
    5. Again with Macrium, select the backup image from step 3, and copy back the C drive after the 3 partitions.
      After this step, you should have: 450MB, 100MB, 16MB and C drive (GPT partition scheme)
    6. From Macrium, click on Fix the Windows Boot Problems
    7. Reboot. Your Windows should be in UEFI mode.

topgundcp, Aug 7, 2020
  4. C drive shortcut created on another hard disk

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

C drive shortcut created on another hard disk

1. C drive shortcut created on another hard disk - Similar Threads - drive shortcut created

2. why are folders i created in another external hard drive appearing in another external hard...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why are folders i created in another external hard drive appearing in another external hard...: heres a screenshot, you will need it later to better understand what im sayingso heres the start of whats happeningso basically, when it was xmas christmas, i got a external hard drive to store all my videogames and documents inbut after some time of using it, a folder...
  3. how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ?: how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-remove-local-disk-c-drive-shortcut/5be2ba10-49d0-419c-8524-79916d8a885e
  4. how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ?: how remove Local disk C drive shortcut ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-remove-local-disk-c-drive-shortcut/5be2ba10-49d0-419c-8524-79916d8a885e
  5. Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive: So I accidentally selected my SSD that I wanted to have for boot purposes as the Local Disk C and want to change the Local Disk C to a HDD I also have installed. How would I achieve this? Thanks for the help in advance! submitted by /u/KingAlain_ [link] [comments]...
  6. creating a VM on another drive -

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    creating a VM on another drive -: I want to create a Hyper-v vm and store it on a secondary 'D' drive I then want to install a fresh copy of windows on my PC and still have access to that vm on the 'D' Drive. I am creating the VM now. I have set my config to save new VM's to D:\Hyper-V\Configuration Files...
  7. Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive

Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive: Hello, I am trying to free up space on my C Drive Where Windows 10 Home is installed. How do I move games installed on C Drive to another Hard Drive? I have 2 additional Hard Drives on my PC. How do I do this without buying a program to do it. I want a simple solution to...
  8. Hard drive C

Hard drive C: My C drive keeps filling up. I have moved files to another drive and I created over 10 GB of space but within a few days it was full again even though I regularly use disk clean up. What could be fill causing this?...
  9. Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive: I just bought a laptop with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. The OS is install on 128GB SSD and i had extend partition to it maximum. So can i extend my C partition to 1 TB HDD? (something like RAID 0, but my laptop lenovo ideapad 320s had no RAID in BIOS). So any solution can...
  10. Adding another hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding another hard disk: Hello, Planning to remove a hard disk from my old computer and install it as third disk in the new computer for data only. It has on it the crippled windows 10. Before using it I have to wipe it clean (partition, format), but first when I turn on the computer, will it affect...