Windows 10: C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB

Discus and support C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I reset my computer because Windows kept installing software on the C drive. When it loaded back up it installed windows 10 files on the C drive again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John.22, Oct 30, 2020.

1. John.22 Win User

C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB

I reset my computer because Windows kept installing software on the C drive. When it loaded back up it installed windows 10 files on the C drive again. I went everything to be on the D drive. I went into settings and changed the storage to D, but how do I get windows 10 files on the D drive?

:)

John.22, Oct 30, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

(Windows 10) How to move disc space between Disk 0 (Drive C) and Disk 1 (Drive D)

That laptop comes equipped with:

C Drive - 128 GB M.2 SSD

D Drvie - 1 TB 7200RPM hard drive

These are 2 separate physical drives and as such you cannot extend one into to other . . .

What you can do is move your library folders (Documents, Pircutrs, Videos . .. etc.) onto the D Drive, which should provide a lot more space on your C Drive

DaveM121, Oct 30, 2020
  3. ssd and hard drive

I bought my HP All in one at the MS Store. It has a SSD and hard drive. One is listed as C and one a D, set up by them. When I try to download a lot of pictures I get the message that my drive is full but my 1 TB hard drive is not full. How should it be
    configured so that doesn't happen?

NancyPaget, Oct 30, 2020
  4. C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB

Duel drive system with 120 GB SSD and 1 TeraBit Hard Drive

I have a I7 core 120 GB SSD and 1 Terabit Hard Drive with Windows 10 and Office 2016 installed, with my large email ost files my SSD drive is down to about 11 GB free and I have already moved all documents, photos, music and anything else I can think of
    the D: hard drive. Any suggestions on what Windows or Office Files can be moved to the D: drive in the same computer. Please note that it does not appear that any attempt to move the Outlook .ost file is allowed and no move button or change in the file location
    has worked.

Bob Engineer, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB

1. C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB - Similar Threads - drive SSD 128

2. Problems up grading M2 128 GB ssd to M2 1 TB ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems up grading M2 128 GB ssd to M2 1 TB ssd: All ready have Win 11 installed on a M2 128 GB ssd in computer. The computer came with Win 10 and recently upgraded to Win 11. There are a couple of program problems with the 128 GB drive so I don't want to migrate them to new drive. I downloaded a paid copy of Win 11 from...
  3. Problems up grading M2 128 GB ssd to M2 1 TB ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems up grading M2 128 GB ssd to M2 1 TB ssd: All ready have Win 11 installed on a M2 128 GB ssd in computer. The computer came with Win 10 and recently upgraded to Win 11. There are a couple of program problems with the 128 GB drive so I don't want to migrate them to new drive. I downloaded a paid copy of Win 11 from...
  4. my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing: my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-have-250-gb-but-my-drive-d-only-have-1/67399cf1-5f1f-464b-9aab-bb729481ecea
  5. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  6. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  7. C drive and D drive

C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  8. C drive to D drive

C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  9. 1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32

1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32: I am trying to set up this drive so I can use it to record movies too. I have windows10 and do not have an option to format the drive. I tried to use AOMEI to format the drive. I have to have the drive set up as FAT32 or it is useless to me....
  10. Windows 10 Installation From SSD 128 GB >> SSD 1 TB

Windows 10 Installation From SSD 128 GB >> SSD 1 TB: Possible? Same PC of course... Thanks. 72002