Windows 10: C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install

Discus and support C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I am having a problem with my C: SSD hard-drive, where it is losing space by the minute. I have tried a full virus scan with Avast Free which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christopher555, Sep 15, 2020.

1. C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my C: SSD hard-drive, where it is losing space by the minute. I have tried a full virus scan with Avast Free which didn't find anything. I have also tried diminishing the the restore point maximum to 9.04 GB, where the current size is 7.47 and not increasing. I have also tried running chkdsk.

My Properties on the C: drive show 448 GB in use:

C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install 3738ace9-0b08-4404-95d9-de198b3a802e?upload=true.png

But selecting all the files and folders on C: drive show a different story:

C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install 53672c80-bac0-4aec-b91b-e015fcd27f5c?upload=true.png

The Size is bigger than the Size on disk because of the OneDrive folder in Users.

Even TreeSize doesn't show the whole 448 GB:

C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install 37ce8f52-9771-4799-988a-e1c0476e9b55?upload=true.png

Malwarebytes won't install giving this error:

C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install 8e7ba991-1bf0-47ef-8cb7-f49345c74363?upload=true.png

I will shortly lose the remainder of my C: drive space.

Can anyone help?

:)

Christopher555, Sep 15, 2020
  2. RKGarg Win User

C Drive losing free space

Hello,

I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help?

Here are salient items of information:

1. 128 GB SSD drive + 1 TB mechanical drive
    2. Only 1 active windows user
    3. No system restore points, checked as per suggestions available on www.
    4. "Downloads" folder configured on D drive
    5. "Documents" folder configured on D drive
    6. New programs installed on D drive
    7. Anti virus scan run - no infection found
    8. Drive Statistics: 117 GB total, 66.7 GB free, 25.0 GB in 162,742 files / 35817 folders

At this rate, the drive will fill up in 3 months. *Shock

RKGarg, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Piglet Win User
    C: drive progressively loses space

Hello,

My C: drive is progressively losing space the longer my computer is on. I am currently experiencing the worst example of it so far, which has prompted me to post this support request.

• Three hours ago, I turned my computer on. C: had 32GB of free space.
    • Thirty minutes ago, I received a 'low disk space' warning. C: had been reduced to 0 bytes.
    • I moved 3.6GB of personal files to an external drive. After checking in 'This PC', however, C: showed just 2.2GB of free space.
    • At the time of writing, C: now has 1.3GB of space remaining. This will occasionally drop in increments of 50MB to 100MB. It will also sometimes stabilise for a short time before continuing to drop again.
    The only programs I have used in the past three hours are Chrome, Firefox, Foxtel Go (a streaming application), and Media Player Classic. It does not seem to matter which applications I use - if I use any applications at all - for the space to continue disappearing. Malwarebytes has not discovered any threats, either, and nothing appears to be abnormal in Task Manager.

How can I figure out what is going on? Can anyone help, or suggest anything? This is incredibly frustrating and inconveniencing as you can imagine.

Thank you in advance.

Computer: Toshiba Satellite
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

Piglet, Sep 15, 2020
  4. C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install

My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install

1. C: Drive SSD losing GB of space in hours - Malwarebytes won't install - Similar Threads - Drive SSD losing

2. my C drive is losing space by the second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my C drive is losing space by the second: my C drive is losing space for no reason. i haven't downloaded anything and i'm sitting here watching it slowly fill up by the second. there was 40GB of space left 10 minutes ago and now there's 38.9GB of space left. i'm literally just sitting here watching it, i've not...
  3. my C drive is losing space by the second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my C drive is losing space by the second: my C drive is losing space for no reason. i haven't downloaded anything and i'm sitting here watching it slowly fill up by the second. there was 40GB of space left 10 minutes ago and now there's 38.9GB of space left. i'm literally just sitting here watching it, i've not...
  4. Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/: Hello, I am losing hard drive space on my drive C:/. Yesterday, the drive was at 90.9 GB used. When I woke it up from sleep it was at 91.4 GB used and now it is at 91.7 GB used. This is only on the small SSD and the larger 4TB HDD does not have this problem. The PC is a new...
  5. SSD losing space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD losing space: My SSD 120 GB which I use mainly for windows and little amount of apps is getting full itself. Amount of used memory is moving all the time in about 2 gigs up and down (idk if it's right) but last days it's in big numbers. For example today it jumped from 36 gigs of free...
  6. C drive constantly losing space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive constantly losing space: I need a little help with my hard drive. It’s a Windows 10 and it’s consistently losing space by the day. I scanned it for malware multiple times and no threats are detected. I’ve already tried cleaning up the desk and deleting newer files that I didn’t need. What else can I...
  7. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  8. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  9. My C Drive Keeps losing Space

My C Drive Keeps losing Space: My C Drive Keeps losing Space and yesterday i had 14gb then it went to 799mb and it keeps going down every 5 mins https://gyazo.com/182ef0a5ec8d7333e470531c33c7e1e1.png after 5 mins https://gyazo.com/b05daf23a10fb45995330bc49c01a8fd.png 31443
  10. C: drive progressively loses space

C: drive progressively loses space: Hello, My C: drive is progressively losing space the longer my computer is on. I am currently experiencing the worst example of it so far, which has prompted me to post this support request. Three hours ago, I turned my computer on. C: had 32GB of free space. Thirty...