Windows 10: C drive storage extend volume

Discus and support C drive storage extend volume in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to add more space in c drive from unallocated memory but I can't see the option. I also tried to use Mini Tool Partition wizard but no option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PuspaJha, Sep 18, 2021.

1. PuspaJha Win User

C drive storage extend volume

I want to add more space in c drive from unallocated memory but I can't see the option. I also tried to use Mini Tool Partition wizard but no option available to extend the memory. Kindly advise me.

:)

PuspaJha, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Sep 18, 2021
  3. OS (CC drive storage extend volume :) Drive - Extending the Volume

I've recently purchased a new laptop and came across a problem regarding the storage volume. It seems there's an arbitrary partition where C: drive has 100GB allocated and the remaining 900GB+ is unallocated. When I tried to extend the volume of C: to include
    the 900GB, the option to extend the volume was grayed out and unusable.

Unfortunately, I just don't know enough to figure out why all that space is unallocated and why I can't extend the volume of the C: drive. Searching for the answer yielded a lot of suggestions for third-party software, but I'd like to avoid that solution
    if possible. Are there any other options?

Raseleanne, Sep 18, 2021
  4. #santanu Win User

extend c drive storage space

c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive.

#santanu, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. C drive storage extend volume - Similar Threads - drive storage extend

2. Extend Volume C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Volume C: So I reinstalled Windows and the problem I'm having is the unallocated space I have now see image, used to be recovery space, since the reinstall that was no longer the case. I couldn't figure out how to set it up as a recovery partition again.I now either want to extend my C...
  3. Extend Volume C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend Volume C: So I reinstalled Windows and the problem I'm having is the unallocated space I have now see image, used to be recovery space, since the reinstall that was no longer the case. I couldn't figure out how to set it up as a recovery partition again.I now either want to extend my C...
  4. Extend Volume C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Volume C Drive: Hi i was able to shrink my D Drive storage volume. but, when I want to extend my C Drive, it is GREYED out. I can't select it. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-c-drive/58720e3a-eb98-462e-8e6c-a559bb97fdc8
  5. Can't Extend C: Drive Volume

Can't Extend C: Drive Volume: I just replaced my hard drive with a 2TB Seagate and need to expand the storage volume to take advantage of newly available space. The drive is formatted as NTFS and I signed on as Administrator, but the Extend Volume option is grayed out. Q: How can I expand the C: drive...
  6. extend c drive storage space

extend c drive storage space: c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-storage-space/b1ccba02-2e20-4360-acf5-94cefeb6890b
  7. Extend Volume C:

Extend Volume C:: My C: partition is full and Will not extend through Disk Management. Windows 10 operation system is located on C: and will not update because the drive is full. I am able to shrink my 1 terabyte D: drive but cannot expand C:. Is it possible to move the Windows 10 operating...
  8. extending the volume of C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extending the volume of C drive: Inspite following the instruction of extending drives, i still find to have trouble doing the same. i want to extend the volume of c drive which is consuming 106.09 gb and i find difficult to install updates for windows..please help me resolve thi issue. with regards SID...
  9. Extending volume on C drive on laptop

Extending volume on C drive on laptop: I am trying to expand the volume on my C drive. I was able to shrink the volume on my external hard drive with no problems but it won't let expand the C drive. I need to download the Windows update and can't without more storage. I've moved everything I can to my USB stick....
  10. Extend C: drive volume

Extend C: drive volume: Hi, I need some help trying to extend my C: drive volume. I removed the volume that had my Ubuntu because I don't need it anymore and I want Windows to have 1TB, not 500GB. This is what Disk Management looks like for me: [ATTACH]When I try to extend the C: volume, the option...