Windows 10: C: Drive Storage Issue

Discus and support C: Drive Storage Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently having a strange issue with one of my drives. I am trying to move a ~35 Gb game Bethesda's Fallout 4 onto the drive. In both the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vidnatic, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Vidnatic Win User

C: Drive Storage Issue

Hello, I am currently having a strange issue with one of my drives. I am trying to move a ~35 Gb game Bethesda's Fallout 4 onto the drive. In both the File Manager and Drive Properties, the drive lists as having about 53 Gb of free space, but when I try to copy the Game Files from another drive, onto the C: Drive, it completely fills the 50 Gb. Could this a problem with how files are compressed on the drive, or is it a formatting issue?​

My SSD C: is a SanDisk Z400s 128 Gb​

I'll be willing to provide any additional info if needed.​

C: Drive Storage Issue 50d95b6c-2dd6-4768-9e2a-44df5ada675d?upload=true.png C: Drive Storage Issue 8c1db3d4-7056-4102-b826-3ec4330f66b3?upload=true.png

:)

Vidnatic, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

C: Drive Storage Issue [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Hard Drive Storage

I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb
    is being taken up by Apps and features but when I click on this and show the list of installed apps with their sizes, I have added up the entire list and it comes to 25Gb total. It doesn't show what's eating up the rest of the 400Gb of space. I have deleted
    everything I can and have only been able to free up 11Gb so far so my c drive is still showing red. At this point is the only other step to reload the pc, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix?

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Clemons, Jul 15, 2020
  4. C: Drive Storage Issue

little cat, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

C: Drive Storage Issue

1. C: Drive Storage Issue - Similar Threads - Drive Storage Issue

2. App Storage issue in C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Storage issue in C drive: Hi everyone,I have an issue with app storage on my pc.When I checked the storage used on my pc through settings, it shows App & features are occupying approx 59GB but when I check the storage occupied by each app on my pc and counted the total storage of each app, its total...
  3. App Storage issue in C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Storage issue in C drive: Hi everyone,I have an issue with app storage on my pc.When I checked the storage used on my pc through settings, it shows App & features are occupying approx 59GB but when I check the storage occupied by each app on my pc and counted the total storage of each app, its total...
  4. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  5. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  6. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. STORAGE C DRIVE

STORAGE C DRIVE: Hi , My C Drive storage reduce after updating my pc it reduced by 3gb what can I do please tell I had tried both disk cleanup and optimisation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-c-drive/952cb595-87de-480a-8b1f-053c050b6d43
  8. STORAGE IN C DRIVE

STORAGE IN C DRIVE: Hi , My pc has 171 GB free space in C Drive it reduces to 170 GB about 1hour and after 1 hour it again reduces to 169 GB I had scanned with antivirus no virus found and and done disk clean up but it doesn't help and also done optimisation nothing happens and storage is...
  9. Storage issue on c:

Storage issue on c:: New HP computer running windows 10. I don't have anything on it but in the c drive I get a message for low storage and can't download needed software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-issue-on-c/cfc3731e-9a8d-4c15-b06f-a6f1204b8358
  10. Drive C storage

Drive C storage: How do I create more storagenspace in Drive C in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-storage/21e7967f-84bb-461e-b9d7-4f812b931a6b"