Windows 10: C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

Discus and support C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillDearborn, Jan 28, 2022.

1. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?

:)

BillDearborn, Jan 28, 2022
  2. Mick Berg Win User

My C: Drive does not appear in Explorer - Windows 10

Suddenly my C: drive does not appear in Windows Explorer. My SSD (E: ) and my DVD (D: ) do appear.
    The computer works fine in all other respects.
    Windows 10, Fall Creators Update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mick Berg, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C. :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

1. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C. - Similar Threads - Drive Suddenly appeared

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  4. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.: The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?...
  6. C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive Suddenly appeared as Windows Drive instead of C.: The system still works but why does Explorer show the drive as Windows now? See picture. This is on a Surface Pro 3 running Win 10. Is there some way to correct the label so it shows as the C Drive again?...
  7. C drive is suddenly full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C drive is suddenly full: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (version 2004). Today I was using my laptop as I normally do, and suddenly I got a notification from windows letting me know it turned on Storage Sense. I found it very silly as I knew I had more than 50gb of free disk space on my C drive. My C...
  8. C Drive suddenly has no space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive suddenly has no space: So here's some backstory: Around a week ago, I checked the amount of space my C drive (windows) had, and it had around 46 GB. Also, during this time, the number of GB it had was constantly changing, even if I haven't downloaded or updated anything at all. But the changes...
  9. C drive suddenly changed to E drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive suddenly changed to E drive: The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in the Command Prompt it became clear that the C drive was now the E drive. The computer won't boot (or even open in Safe Mode). What happened? How can this be fixed?...
  10. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...