Windows 10: C drive suddenly changed to E drive

Discus and support C drive suddenly changed to E drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in the Command Prompt it became clear that the C drive was now the E drive. The computer won't boot (or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cloudyday, Aug 4, 2019.

1. cloudyday Win User

C drive suddenly changed to E drive

The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in

the Command Prompt it became clear that the

C drive was now the E drive. The computer

won't boot (or even open in Safe Mode).

What happened? How can this be fixed?

:)

cloudyday, Aug 4, 2019
  2. cloudyday Win User

The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in

the Command Prompt it became clear that the

C drive was now the E drive. The computer

won't boot (or even open in Safe Mode).

What happened? How can this be fixed?

cloudyday, Sep 29, 2019
  3. C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

C drive suddenly changed to E drive 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. C drive suddenly changed to E drive - Similar Threads - drive suddenly changed

2. somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...: somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD that was originally intended for storing photos and other media. How do I change it back?...
  3. somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...: somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD that was originally intended for storing photos and other media. How do I change it back?...
  4. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  5. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  6. E Drive sudden Permission issue

E Drive sudden Permission issue: Okay, So this is happening to me for the second time. Last time I installed my windows again. I downloaded a vpn for my game and after that my E drive started denying access.I am working on my Final year Project and my applications are unable to access E drive without...
  7. E Drive sudden Permission issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E Drive sudden Permission issue: Okay, So this is happening to me for the second time. Last time I installed my windows again. I downloaded a vpn for my game and after that my E drive started denying access.I am working on my Final year Project and my applications are unable to access E drive without...
  8. E Drive sudden Permission issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  10. Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive

Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive: Hi guys, This is a little complicated I think. My C Driver is a 250GB SSD while my E Drive is a 500GB HDD. If I transfer folder from C onto E can I then create a shortcut for that folder to appear on C's desktop I am using the SSD for Windows 10 Professional while the HDD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suddenly changed my c drive to e

2. C drive changed to e drive