Windows 10: C Drive switched to HDD

Discus and support C Drive switched to HDD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ICXCONE, Apr 13, 2024.

1. ICXCONE Win User

C Drive switched to HDD

Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my HDD external Hard drive to the C Drive. Now when I boot up my pc it loads the desktop but only a black screen, nothing else. I tried recovery mode for a recovery point but no recovery point since it does not read the original C drive/SSD, I even tried repair in trouble shoot safe mode and nothing. Any help? Please?!

:)

ICXCONE, Apr 13, 2024
  2. little cat, Apr 13, 2024
  3. Rune12357 Win User
    C drive and D drive switches up

Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is constantly full because it only had 160GB. Is there anyone who knows how to switch it back so my c drive is my hdd again and my d drive is my ssd again?

Rune12357, Apr 13, 2024
  4. C Drive switched to HDD

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

C Drive switched to HDD

1. C Drive switched to HDD - Similar Threads - Drive switched HDD

2. C Drive switched to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive switched to HDD: Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my HDD external Hard drive to the C Drive. Now when I boot up my pc it loads the desktop but only a black screen, nothing else....
  3. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  4. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  5. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Switch up my C and D drive

Switch up my C and D drive: Hello, I have decided to reinstall my Windows 10, because previously my windows has installed on C drive - which is for some reason 1TB HDD, and then D drive - which is 128 SSD. I would like to ask how can I switch these two so my windows can install on SSD marked as C...
  7. How to switch C: and D: drive

How to switch C: and D: drive: Hi all! I have this weird problem where my C: drive is de HDD and the SSD in my system is the D: drive. Yesterday I used the paid version of AOMEI to clone the Windows 10 system to the SSD. That worked for the evening. Today, when I booted my system up, everything was...
  8. Switching from HDD to SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from HDD to SSD boot drive: Ok so I have a HDD and I just bought a Samsung 860 EVO 1tb SSD to make it my main drive and my boot drive. First, I tried to use a cloning software to clone from my HDD to my SSD and it did not work. It just started up with that black screen with the text "reboot and select...
  9. cant switch boot drive from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant switch boot drive from hdd to ssd: after i cloned my hard drive to my ssd and then went into the bios and changed the boot order, it still loads windows very slow and when i do benchmarks on my computer they all tell me if i switch my boot drive to my ssd i could have faster load times....
  10. C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade: Sorry, didn't exactly know where to post this. So recently I had my Windows Vista upgraded to Windows 10 (also upgraded various hardware). Today I was fiddling around and customizing it, when I noticed that all of my files that were previously saved on my C: Drive were...