Windows 10: C drive to D drive

Discus and support C drive to D drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JayTeaW, Sep 16, 2020.

1. JayTeaW Win User

C drive to D drive

So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive thinking this would resolve my issue. Well I was clearly wrong and now cant run any of my applications, or even reinstall them. My PC is jam packed with error codes whenever I try to do anything. I even tried to do a full reset of my PC and reset my windows 10 fresh, but the PC wont even let me do that, giving me the error code that there is no windows 10 installation file found. I need this resolved.

:)

JayTeaW, Sep 16, 2020

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Sep 16, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 16, 2020
  4. C drive to D drive

how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

C drive to D drive

1. C drive to D drive - Similar Threads - drive drive

2. DVD drive not ejecting when double clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive not ejecting when double clicking: DVD drive not ejecting when double clicking on the DVD icon in Explorer when it is empty, till like 2 months ago double clicking on the DVD drive when it is empty would give a message that I have to insert a CD and it would eject the slot, but recently it will only give a...
  3. DVD drive not ejecting when double clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive not ejecting when double clicking: DVD drive not ejecting when double clicking on the DVD icon in Explorer when it is empty, till like 2 months ago double clicking on the DVD drive when it is empty would give a message that I have to insert a CD and it would eject the slot, but recently it will only give a...
  4. Не могу войти в One Drive. в чём проблема?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Не могу войти в One Drive. в чём проблема?: Не могу войти в One Drive. в чём проблема? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%83/40039b91-b7d9-423d-85b3-9a7fd8582fb4
  5. Не могу войти в One Drive. в чём проблема?

Не могу войти в One Drive. в чём проблема?: Не могу войти в One Drive. в чём проблема? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%83/40039b91-b7d9-423d-85b3-9a7fd8582fb4
  6. Не могу войти в One Drive. в чём проблема?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.: I had recently downloaded all folders to my hard drive from one drive, uninstalled one drive, and everything worked great. Then I emptied the last 3 folders from one drive under this PC, and deleted the one-drive folder, When I deleted the OD folder, my desktop disappeared...
  8. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.: I had recently downloaded all folders to my hard drive from one drive, uninstalled one drive, and everything worked great. Then I emptied the last 3 folders from one drive under this PC, and deleted the one-drive folder, When I deleted the OD folder, my desktop disappeared...
  9. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Hello , I am facing an issue in my windows 10, when ever i select the drive , the drop down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello , I am facing an issue in my windows 10, when ever i select the drive , the drop down...: Hello , I am facing an issue in my windows 10, when ever i select the drive to open or to upload ny file from the downloads or any other drive , the drop down menu in the serach bar start continously dropping down and i am not able to select or close the application...