Windows 10: C drive usage size increased

Discus and support C drive usage size increased in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to upgrade my windows 10 home to pro so I used the windows media creation tool upgrade option. then I canceled that activity simply added the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Player560835114, Apr 4, 2021.

1. C drive usage size increased

I tried to upgrade my windows 10 home to pro so I used the windows media creation tool upgrade option. then I canceled that activity simply added the product key to active.

now the issue is that my C drive size 140GB and it's showing only 10 GB left

:)

Player560835114, Apr 4, 2021

2. how to increase the size of drive c

how do i increase the size of drive c as it is almost full

georgiapatching, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Apr 4, 2021
  4. C drive usage size increased

Everything I do triggers 100% usage on drive C and my system crawls to a halt.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Disk Usage. Don't worry, will assist you with the issue.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Run the Microsoft safety scanner (give disclaimer).

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free download security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key + X, select task manager.

b) Click on the ‘processes’ tab and it will show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

c) Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

You need to increase this virtual memory. Make it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive in each drive.

To do this, follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings

3. Under performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. UN-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

C drive usage size increased

1. C drive usage size increased - Similar Threads - drive usage size

2. C: Drive constantly increasing drive size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: Drive constantly increasing drive size: It doesn't happen on the "This Pc" tab but in the properties tab, is this a bug? is this a virus? i'm clueless submitted by /u/lievv_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/111hen1/c_drive_constantly_increasing_drive_size/
  3. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage: Windows reports the disk usage of my C drive as 255 GB. However, the total size of files on my C drive is 132 GB. Also, The total of items in the "Storage" tab of settings is around 130 GB. How do I determine what is occupying the remaining 125 GB? See attached screenshot....
  4. Increase C drive Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase C drive Space: Is there a way to add a USB drive space to the C drive on Windows 10. Only have 32GB on C drive so cannot update Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/65fb40ff-9391-4c4f-bb83-01992918f36a
  5. Increasing C drive capacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing C drive capacity: I have a 1 Tb capacity divided into C and D drives. The C drive keeps reaching capacity but the D drive has 500 Gb of free space. How do I increase the size of the C drive so that it can use some of the unused D drive capacity....
  6. My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB

My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB: Can anyone help me to understand why the size of C drive is keep on increasing. I have deleted on the temporary files and all. I have uninstalled few of my useful software just to have some free space in c drive but it keep on increasing. Morning when I checked 5GB of...
  7. how to increase the size of drive c

how to increase the size of drive c: how do i increase the size of drive c as it is almost full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-the-size-of-drive-c/1e140d09-4b04-407c-9e08-5000dd1bb1a6
  8. How do I reduce the size of C drive and simultaneously increase the size of E drive without...

How do I reduce the size of C drive and simultaneously increase the size of E drive without...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zaydh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5ljgo/how_do_i_reduce_the_size_of_c_drive_and/
  9. How can i increase the size of my c drive?

How can i increase the size of my c drive?: i split the c drive into two other drives and i am unable to delete the drive adjacent to the c drive because it contains a page file so im unable to allocate any unused space to the c drive submitted by /u/borger_moncher768 [link] [comments]...
  10. Increase C drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase C drive space: How do I increase C drive space from D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/4fc39454-1d83-4007-9bfd-8e577eb00f64