Windows 10: C drive used space high

Discus and support C drive used space high in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. My C drive on Windows 10 Home shows Capacity 547 GB, used 245 GB, 329 GB. The installed programs are Edge, Firefox, Revo Uninstall Cyberlink 19,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LEN ALLEN, Nov 20, 2021.

1. LEN ALLEN Win User

C drive used space high

Hi. My C drive on Windows 10 Home shows Capacity 547 GB, used 245 GB, 329 GB. The installed programs are Edge, Firefox, Revo Uninstall Cyberlink 19, Office Student 2007, Cortana.It looks as if there is at least 165 GB unaccounted for.How do I find what is there and how to remove it?Len

:)

LEN ALLEN, Nov 20, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 20, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC drive used space high :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 20, 2021
  4. Anwille Win User

C drive used space high

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

C drive used space high

1. C drive used space high - Similar Threads - drive used space

2. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  3. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  4. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  5. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Space in C drive!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space in C drive!!!: There is one problem which I face with my computer everyday. The space free in the C drive gets lesser day bay day. For example, yesterday the space free in the c drive was 45.1 GB and today it suddenly reduced to 43.2 GB, without me installing any programs. Sometimes I...
  7. Space in C drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space in C drive!!!: There is one problem which I face with my computer everyday. The space free in the C drive gets lesser day bay day. For example, yesterday the space free in the c drive was 45.1 GB and today it suddenly reduced to 43.2 GB, without me installing any programs. Sometimes I...
  8. C drive used space high

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive used space high: Hi. My C drive on Windows 10 Home shows Capacity 547 GB, used 245 GB, 329 GB. The installed programs are Edge, Firefox, Revo Uninstall Cyberlink 19, Office Student 2007, Cortana.It looks as if there is at least 165 GB unaccounted for.How do I find what is there and how to...
  9. C drive used space high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive used space high: Hi. My C drive on Windows 10 Home shows Capacity 547 GB, used 245 GB, 329 GB. The installed programs are Edge, Firefox, Revo Uninstall Cyberlink 19, Office Student 2007, Cortana.It looks as if there is at least 165 GB unaccounted for.How do I find what is there and how to...
  10. drive C used space is gaining

in Windows 10 Support
    drive C used space is gaining: For some reason my used space is gaining more(see attached). Just a few weeks ago the used space was at 50gb today it is up to 70gb. I don't know why it keeps gaining probably everyday a few gigabyte. I did a tuneup update in geeksquad but that was all. I never installed any...