Windows 10: C: drive users account change

Discus and support C: drive users account change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop and within C:Users/username it has my name as rhian instead of rhiannon. How do I change this? I never ever call myself rhian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RhiannonSmith1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. C: drive users account change

I just got a new laptop and within C:Users/username it has my name as rhian instead of rhiannon. How do I change this? I never ever call myself rhian so this cannot have been copied over from anywhere.
    Thanks

:)

RhiannonSmith1, Nov 22, 2020

2. How to change the username in C: drive on Windows 10?

Hi Vasu,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to convert the existing account to Microsoft account with administrator privileges and check if it helps.

Step 1: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to enable built-in admin account to change the current user account's type.

Steps to Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active:yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active:no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: Log-in with the Built-in admin account to change the account type and try the below.

• From Built-in account, press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Under Group Membership tab and select Administrator as user account type.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you are facing issues changing the user account type, we will help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Nov 22, 2020
  4. pammort Win User

C: drive users account change

I changed a user name in 'c drive' - 'users'. Now I am unable to log into that account. How do I fix it?

There is a second account on my laptop. I went into the c drive, users, and changed the user name. It was something random (do not remember it) to the name of the account user. Now he is unable to access his account. On the c drive - users, his attempts
    to log in are listed as 'Temporary'.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

pammort, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

C: drive users account change

1. C: drive users account change - Similar Threads - drive users account

2. I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...: I changed my user user accounts name in start up has been change but when I go to my this pc On C drive user and open the user account still shows the old user name . My pc runs on windows 11 Please give a advise Thanks...
  3. I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...: I changed my user user accounts name in start up has been change but when I go to my this pc On C drive user and open the user account still shows the old user name . My pc runs on windows 11 Please give a advise Thanks...
  4. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the user name in c DRIVE?: users/usernam in cmd . How to change this username https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-name-in-c-drive/d557cf71-4e23-44f3-96a3-be39e9cf4fcc
  5. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the user name in c DRIVE?: users/usernam in cmd . How to change this username https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-name-in-c-drive/d557cf71-4e23-44f3-96a3-be39e9cf4fcc
  6. how to change the user name in c DRIVE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Showing two user account in c drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing two user account in c drive: In c > users > 4 folders are there Administrator DELL MANISH Public Why this DELL is there ? But it contains appData , caches folder Because of this folder i am not able to install Eclipse IDE Please give me a solution...
  8. Drive C \ User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive C \ User: I lost Drive C user. How i can i fix it ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-user/5ea97251-777a-41cb-95db-e2fd6df9dc12
  9. changing user name in drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing user name in drive c: Can and how do I change my user name in drive C on my new computer to match my old computer so that my files from my photo book will link correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-user-name-in-drive-c/35393109-666d-4897-a2d1-55c5596899f0"
  10. How to change C drive User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change C drive User Name?: I am the only user of my pc, and I am the administrator etc but the user name shown in the C drive is John and I want to change that to Pete. I have drives C and F In C the user is called John In F user called Pete Start/File Explorer/This pc/Local Disc...