Windows 10: c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off

Discus and support c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had low HD space left on the C drive. THe drive has always been compressed. Last night I powered off the PC with 5 gb free space, powered on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GreggCollum, May 29, 2019.

1. c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off

I had low HD space left on the C drive. THe drive has always been compressed.

Last night I powered off the PC with 5 gb free space, powered on this morning and now 151GB remaining. The drive is an SSD.

Ideas?

:)

GreggCollum, May 29, 2019
  2. invent(2) Win User

c users need to delete all 5 gb 3 gb for One Drive can I delets all these files?

c users greg one drive has 3 gb and I need all this space I bought the acer cloud book with 25 gb and have .8 free on my documents I only have 400 megs used I did properties on all of drive and found 5 gb on c users greg and 3 gb was for one drive
    properties I need help to del 5 gb to free this up as ms update fails as not enough space....

I suggest you to delete the unwanted data and unused applications to clean up the drive.

5 gb on c users is the only large gb I found others must be hidden in c system files for the other 20 gb

I can buy a 64 gb flash drive for 20 dollars is there a way to move the 5 gb in c users to this?

You suggest to delete the unwanted data..... I need to know what you mean data as its all c users greg 5 gb and in this c users greg one drive 3 gb and you said this will do me no good to delete.... so is the 20 gb all in the c system hidden files?

thanks

invent(2), May 29, 2019
  3. invent(2) Win User
    c users need to delete all 5 gb 3 gb for One Drive can I delets all these files?

c users need to delete all 5 gb

3 gb are for One Drive

can I delets all these files?

invent(2), May 29, 2019
  4. invent(2) Win User

c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off

.... in the post above delete unwanted data.... I don't want to delete user.... and all my data 5 gb is in c user the other 20 gb is in c windows..

C users greg one drive is 2 or 3 GB can I delete all this c users greg one drive and still get on the cloud for one drive and why is there 3 gb on my hard drive?

is C user greg documents unwanted data? that can be deleted and still show in c documents not just c user greg documents?

Monday 2-22-2016 at 10 am

Hello :

Remember that question you asked on Microsoft Community a few days ago?

Title:

We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

invent(2), May 29, 2019
Thema:

c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off

1. c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off - Similar Threads - drive went remaining

2. My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?: I made a video which is 20 GB then when i posted it on yt then i deleted it then it went back to 30 GB. Next day, Its at 2 GB!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-drive-went-from-30-gb-to-2-gb-in-one-night/bd6973cb-a814-4e72-9d2f-f988ee61daad
  3. My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?: I made a video which is 20 GB then when i posted it on yt then i deleted it then it went back to 30 GB. Next day, Its at 2 GB!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-c-drive-went-from-30-gb-to-2-gb-in-one-night/bd6973cb-a814-4e72-9d2f-f988ee61daad
  4. My C: drive went from 30 GB to 2 GB in one night! Can someone please explain?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight: so yesterday file explorer said my hard drive hat 35 gb left, and i just checked it again this morning while logging on to online school and for some reason it is now on 45.9 gb left. Im kinda happy that i have so much more free space i guess, but its kinda strange, and i...
  6. Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive

Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/bbb613tznq161.png?width=852&format=png&auto=webp&s=b2456d00033473ac9ffd35ed0fd00e26eb816448 submitted by /u/AncutiRadu [link] [comments]...
  7. Missing 100 or more GB from my C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing 100 or more GB from my C drive.: I have recently been running into the issue of a lack of space on my C drive. On the normal devices and drives page, the drive claims to have 29.7 GB free out of 475 GB total. This would mathematically mean that 445 GB are used on the C drive. However, when I open the drive,...
  8. My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb

My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb: I reset my PC and in the process I used my old laptop to get my stuff over For some reason the C drive is now the same as my old laptop I can't locate the missing space I tried in partitions Also I tried cmd Diskpart List disk The missing space does not show up submitted...
  9. C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb: Hello, I have tried to contact support, however they could not help me so i am hoping you guys can. My C-Drive is now down to 30gb was down to 10gb but i freed desktop space. Apps & Features is using 151 gb when the top file size is 858 mb on there. I was wondering if there...
  10. Free space remains unchanged after 5 GB move

in Windows 10 Support
    Free space remains unchanged after 5 GB move: I copied 5 GB of files from C:\Users\terry\OneDrive\Documents\MAGIX downloads, (SSD) to D (HD), then deleted the originals. But free space on C is still reported as unchanged. That's in various places, including running diskmgmt.msc. I'll probably move it back to test it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10gb remaining on c drive