Windows 10: C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10

Discus and support C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I wrote a C++ program that has run well for many years on various Windows versions including Windows 10. On brand new computers preloaded with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RickKriscka, Oct 24, 2019.

1. C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10

I wrote a C++ program that has run well for many years on various Windows versions including Windows 10. On brand new computers preloaded with Windows 10, the program will not run. It installs fine, but when you click on the executable nothing happens. There are no errors of any kind. If I click on it with Task Manager open, you do not even see it attempt to load. There are no messages about it in any of the operating system logs. I have tried everything and can not get the program to load on new computers. Has anyone seen this situation before? Does anyone know what is happening here?

:)

RickKriscka, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 24, 2019
  4. C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I'd like to disable Skype and all the crap that I don't need in windows 10. I've gone through the settings and removed it from the optional program list but I still see Skype and some other executables or processes running in task manager , i'm sure there's a way

jboydgolfer, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10

1. C++ Executable will not run on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - C++ Executable run

2. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.: I want to start off by saying this. I know this is very similar to another question asked here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54. However, following the one answer...
  3. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.: I want to start off by saying this. I know this is very similar to another question asked here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54. However, following the one answer...
  4. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.: So... I have been this warning: in the security and maintenance section. Everytime I restart my laptop, however, the scan and repair C: drive message pops up for a couple of seconds, but it doesnt seem to run. So far I have tried restarting and running some commands as admin...
  6. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.: So... I have been this warning: in the security and maintenance section. Everytime I restart my laptop, however, the scan and repair C: drive message pops up for a couple of seconds, but it doesnt seem to run. So far I have tried restarting and running some commands as admin...
  7. executable won't run on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    executable won't run on windows 10: I made a tic tac toe gamec# and made it into an executable. When I try to run the executable a message pops up saying "This app can't run on your pc" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/executable-wont-run-on-windows-10/393693b6-dc45-474e-836a-a13cbc3693fd
  8. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.: When I boot up my pc, i get a text to skip the disk checking. If i skip, windows boots as usual. But if I don't, the new text shows: Scanning and repairing drive C. But it doesn't execute as after a couple of seconds, windows boots up as usual. I have tried checking disk...
  9. Executables running but no active window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Executables running but no active window: Over the past 2 weeks I've had this stupid fucking issue I can't fix. It started out with Steam. If I'd close it with the X and try reopening it, it wouldn't open, no matter what task manager bullshit I do - until I restart my computer. Then it happened to Minecraft. Then it...
  10. Location of Windows Run executable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Windows Run executable: Can someone please tell me the location of the executable for the Windows Run program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-windows-run-executable/f78733fe-22d8-46f6-84f4-872e18c17c13"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 old exemodule does not run