Windows 10: C: is corrupted and unreadable

Discus and support C: is corrupted and unreadable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After starting my pc it showed disc checking has to happen and then it was scanning files. After this it said preparing automatic repairs and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sri Bhuvana, Jan 1, 2021.

1. C: is corrupted and unreadable

After starting my pc it showed disc checking has to happen and then it was scanning files. After this it said preparing automatic repairs and then it went in to diagnosing PC. So, after this I used command prompt in the troubleshoot window to check what is it with my drive and found that my c: drive is corrupted and unreadable. What do I do for this?

:)

Sri Bhuvana, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 1, 2021
  3. n4rvto Win User
    Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

Hi again dalchina! Here's the result as you requested:
    - Overview

C: is corrupted and unreadable [​IMG]

- Temperature

Is there any information that you can enlighten me from that result?
    And for your another suggestions I will reply it later, because I'm still in my workdays. Thank you!

n4rvto, Jan 1, 2021
  4. jumanji Win User

C: is corrupted and unreadable

External HDD is corrupted and unreadable

And @bro67, just to confirm how easy and less involved it is to create a bootable Live Linux pen drive with Win32 Disk Imager as suggested by you, I downloaded it from SourceForge.

It would not recognise the lupu-528.005.iso. (asking for only *.img., and *. IMG), When forced to take the .iso file by *.* , it wrote something to the pen drive but it was not bootable. The pendrive has some unrecognisable file system and needs to be formatted. Can you please guide me how to create a bootable pendrive with that iso using Win32 Disk Imager? Even the OP will require that if he has to follow your suggestion.

jumanji, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

C: is corrupted and unreadable

1. C: is corrupted and unreadable - Similar Threads - corrupted unreadable

2. Everything on my PC reads as corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything on my PC reads as corrupted or unreadable: So I let a friend see my laptop for 2 days and he gave it back but now everything seems to be corrupted permanently. He did get a virus on my laptop call synaptic.exe which I managed to remove after multiple factory resets but my laptop cant open anything but files, cmds and...
  3. Everything on my PC reads as corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything on my PC reads as corrupted or unreadable: So I let a friend see my laptop for 2 days and he gave it back but now everything seems to be corrupted permanently. He did get a virus on my laptop call synaptic.exe which I managed to remove after multiple factory resets but my laptop cant open anything but files, cmds and...
  4. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I have windows 11 pro and would like to fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable/025747a6-8b9d-461b-b38b-ed17c9e27801
  5. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I have windows 11 pro and would like to fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable/025747a6-8b9d-461b-b38b-ed17c9e27801
  6. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.": I'm currently facing an issue with my external hard drive. There's a specific folder that I can't delete, and whenever I attempt to open it, an error message pops up saying "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.". I noticed this problem after my game crashed when...
  7. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

"The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.": I'm currently facing an issue with my external hard drive. There's a specific folder that I can't delete, and whenever I attempt to open it, an error message pops up saying "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.". I noticed this problem after my game crashed when...
  8. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable: I am getting Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable while deleting something. I have only C: drive which has windows in it....
  10. Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable

Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable: I am getting Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable while deleting something. I have only C: drive which has windows in it....