Windows 10: C# opens a image in Windows 10 but NOT able to navigate to next image

Discus and support C# opens a image in Windows 10 but NOT able to navigate to next image in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Could you please help My Environment: Windows 10 Operating system in Desktop machine My purpose: I have a "Sample_Pictures" folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Obuliraj, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Obuliraj Win User

C# opens a image in Windows 10 but NOT able to navigate to next image

Hi All,
    Could you please help

My Environment: Windows 10 Operating system in Desktop machine

My purpose: I have a "Sample_Pictures" folder in "My Documents" folder, this "Sample_Pictures" folder contains 5 pictures. I need to open an image (using C# console application) and then navigate to Next and Previous image in "Sample_Pictures" folder

Issue I am facing: I am able to open an image, but NOT able to navigate to Next and Previous pictures in folder. Both Next and Previous buttons are disabled. I mean the Next and Previous buttons present in image is NOT working in Windows 10 Photos. However If I open the same image separately in Windows Explorer, I am able to navigate to Next and Previous image.

Sample Program:

static void Main(string[] args)
    {
    OpenSamplePhoto();
    }

private static void OpenSamplePhoto()
    {
    string samplePicturesPath = Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments), "Sample_Pictures");

string picturePath = Path.Combine(samplePicturesPath,"sample1.JPG");

ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo();

info.FileName = picturePath;
    info.UseShellExecute = true;
    info.CreateNoWindow = true;
    info.Verb = string.Empty; Process.Start(info);
    }

:)

Obuliraj, Dec 12, 2016

2. How do I view a series of photos?

This bug can be easily reproduced if you start Photos app by opening images in 3rd party file manager.

1. Start Total Commander or Metro Commander (the one from Windows Store)

2. Navigate to some folder containing multiple images

3. Open first image(Photos app will be started by default)

4. Try to navigate to next/previous photo

5. Ouch! You cannot navigate to next/previous photo.

This bug is 100% reproducible on any Win 10 machine.

More info here:

Total Commander :: View topic - Windows 10: Photos app can't browse previous / next photos!

Siarhei.Harlukovich, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Lockscreen background problem

I found a temporary workaround to change blue image on lockscreen.

How to Add “Take Ownership” to the Right-Click Menu in Windows Explorer

I followed instruction opened File Explorer and navigated to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\ and opened SystemData with take ownership tool. Deleted SystemData, restarted PC and navigated to SystemData again and put image I wanted to be on lockscreen,
    copied original image name and paste into image I wanted to put in then deleted original image and signed out. My lockscreen changed from blue picture to one copied from img103.jpg.

Quite pleased with it but very disappointed no reply from Microsoft engineer yet how to fix loading circle stuck in lockscreen preview window still not worked when I changed picture in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData.

AthlonXP1800, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Post your project folder (zipped) - the code you posted has no reference to "buttons"

Superfly, Dec 12, 2016
  5. Obuliraj Win User
    Hi Superfly,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Issue I am facing: I am able to open an image, but NOT able to navigate to Next and Previous pictures in folder. Both Next and Previous buttons are disabled. I mean the Next and Previous buttons present in image is NOT working in Windows 10 Photos. However If I open the same image separately in Windows Explorer, I am able to navigate to Next and Previous image.

I have also updated the post.
    Thanks

Obuliraj, Dec 12, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    It won't as you are not opening the app from the shell which sets the picture folder as container- you are using the (default) app to open a single image.

Superfly, Dec 12, 2016
  7. Obuliraj Win User
    ---------
    Could you please provide some sample C# code to launch picture in Shell.
    Thanks,

Obuliraj, Dec 12, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

I'll look into it... with Win32 apps one would PInvoke the API and pass the file path to it to launch the app with the image as t would with explorer - but this UWP stuff is still new to me, so I'm not so sure...

Superfly, Dec 12, 2016
  9. Obuliraj Win User
    Hi Superfly,
    Thanks a lot for your time.

I am also searching about Universal Windows Platform (UWP),

If I find any solution, I will post immediately.

Thanks again.

Obuliraj, Dec 12, 2016
  10. Obuliraj Win User
    I found below code to open Photo App, however I am not able to open a specific image.
    I am working on to find a complete solution.

private static void OpenSamplePhoto()
    {
    string samplePicturesPath = Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments), "Sample_Pictures");

string picturePath = Path.Combine(samplePicturesPath, "sample1.JPG");

ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo();
    info.FileName = @"ms-photos://";
    info.Arguments = picturePath;
    info.UseShellExecute = true;
    info.CreateNoWindow = true;
    info.Verb = string.Empty;

Process.Start(info);
    }

Reference:Open the photo with microsoft photos (Windows 10) in C #

Obuliraj, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. C# opens a image in Windows 10 but NOT able to navigate to next image - Similar Threads - opens image able

2. opened an image and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opened an image and...: I opened an image and I received the following error message "0x000007b unexpected parameters". I was informed that Smart App was responsible for the error reading. However, after confirming "OK" on the message three times the image opened anyway. So I closed it down and...
  3. opened an image and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opened an image and...: I opened an image and I received the following error message "0x000007b unexpected parameters". I was informed that Smart App was responsible for the error reading. However, after confirming "OK" on the message three times the image opened anyway. So I closed it down and...
  4. Windows 10 and SKP images...not able to download

Windows 10 and SKP images...not able to download: Does my Windows 10 accept SKP files ? What would be default program for that? I have a web based version of SketchUp that I use and would like to download 3D models from their 3D Warehouse. I keep getting error messages on my Windows Live Photo Gallery that it doesn't support...
  5. Windows 10 and SKP images...not able to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and SKP images...not able to download: Does my Windows 10 accept SKP files ? What would be default program for that? I have a web based version of SketchUp that I use and would like to download 3D models from their 3D Warehouse. I keep getting error messages on my Windows Live Photo Gallery that it doesn't support...
  6. Image next to my search bar

in Cortana
    Image next to my search bar: how do i remove this image from my search bar?is it some virus or whatit just showed up one day, as if by magicwhen i click the image itself not the search boxthe start menu opens up like thisthe left side has the normal start menu items, but the right side has this thing...
  7. Image next to my search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image next to my search bar: how do i remove this image from my search bar?is it some virus or whatit just showed up one day, as if by magicwhen i click the image itself not the search boxthe start menu opens up like thisthe left side has the normal start menu items, but the right side has this thing...
  8. Image next to my search bar

9. Image next to my search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Unable to go to next image in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to go to next image in OneDrive: Dear sir/ madam, I am unable to go to the next image after opening an image. There are no arrows on the side of the screen and I cannot scroll to the next image. I have looked at the settings and the ****ed. They are all png images, s**** now have t****ck on the next image...