Windows 10: "c:\programdata\windows\containers" what is this folders default files list per Windows 10?

Discus and support "c:\programdata\windows\containers" what is this folders default files list per Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello can someone help? Does anyone know what the default files and folders belong inside this location? c:\programdata\windows\containers From a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Nov 26, 2020.

1. "c:\programdata\windows\containers" what is this folders default files list per Windows 10?

Hello can someone help?

Does anyone know what the default files and folders belong inside this location?

c:\programdata\windows\containers

From a cyber security perspective I would like to know what is normally there.

I know it's used with sandbox, however if you remove sandbox it stays. If i was a bad guy hacker this is where I would hide things, it is illusive. People dont normally know what is in there. So lets team up and get a default know approved file list shown here on this discussion board.

Can anyone help?

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink "c:\programdata\windows\containers" what is this folders default files list per Windows 10? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

"c:\programdata\windows\containers" what is this folders default files list per Windows 10?

ProgramData folder what is it?

Hi Kurtis,

The ProgramData specifies the path to the program-data folder (normally C:\ProgramData). Unlike the Program Files folder, this folder can be used by applications to store data for standard users, because it does not require elevated permissions.

The path can be on a volume other than the system drive and should not cause performance loss nor cause confusion to Windows , as long as it meets the following requirements:

• It must be on an NTFS volume.
    • It can’t point to a drive that has a different copy of Windows on it.
    • It can’t contain any serviceable components

Regards.

Mark Ole, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

"c:\programdata\windows\containers" what is this folders default files list per Windows 10?

1. "c:\programdata\windows\containers" what is this folders default files list per Windows 10? - Similar Threads - programdatawindowscontainers folders default

2. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  3. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  4. Per-drive default apps by file type?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Per-drive default apps by file type?: Is there a way I can set for example, mp4 to open with VLC on my main drive and open with Movies and TV when opening a video from my hard drive? submitted by /u/Spxders [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/urs735/perdrive_default_apps_by_file_type/
  5. default app not listed for a file

default app not listed for a file: how do I change the default app for file if the app is not listed but has been installed on the PC. the files are for embroidery software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-not-listed-for-a-file/646fc608-d66f-4545-bf2d-ccbc2a16545b
  6. File Listing in Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Listing in Folders: Why does Windows 10 Explorer not display ALL of the files in a designated folder? I have an App Finale Print Music 2014 that I used to create new music encryptions; then saved to a designated folder. Then I call up Win Ex that folder, but the new entry may or not appear. I...
  7. List folder files.

List folder files.: How can I fall in love with all the files in a folder starting from 1 to the number of files that the folder contains. It could be some .bat or some advice thanks 164506
  8. What is the default OWNER of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the default OWNER of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: I accident took Ownership with my account . What is the default so I can set it back?? My steps: Properties of WindowsApps Security tab Advanced Where it shows "Owner: unable to display current owner." CHANGE <----- I clicked change and changed it to my admin...
  9. default View LIST in search folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    default View LIST in search folder: how to default View LIST in search folder ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-view-list-in-search-folder/58d196f6-f2bd-4de9-ac02-b93cf7b63026
  10. So is C: root unavailable per default?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    So is C: root unavailable per default?: I just came across an error regarding use rights in the root of C:, I can not place files there. I can create a folder and place files inside the folder, but not in root. Is this to be expected? I got error 0x80070522 when trying and found this older thread about it:...