Windows 10: C++ Runtime Error ... terminate in an unusual way

Discus and support C++ Runtime Error ... terminate in an unusual way in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Trying to run Canon Digital Photo Pro 4 (DPP4) & I get the following error message right after the Canon DPP4 splash screen appears:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nick_897, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Nick_897 Win User

C++ Runtime Error ... terminate in an unusual way

Trying to run Canon Digital Photo Pro 4 (DPP4) & I get the following error message right after the Canon DPP4 splash screen appears:

====================================

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\pr…

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate It in

an unusual way

Please contact the application's support team for more

information.

=================================================

That is everything I know about the error & the text is per the error window. "Program: C:\pr… " is per the error message so I cannot tell what executable is erroring.

I've:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Canon's Digital Professional Pro 4 with the latest download available

- Deleted all the MS C++ installs/updates & reinstalled the C++ Runtime with the most current

- Performed a: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

- Performed a: sfc /scannow

- Again I uninstalled & reinstalled Canon's Digital Professional Pro 4 with the latest download available

More history:

11/10/2019 I downloaded the latest photos from the camera & it opened DPP4 fine. I could look at images and move among without issue.

11/12/2019 (the program was still open from a couple days ago) I selected a raw image & adjusted the image. I believe that it first threw the above message when I tried to use the program's "lens tool" . I dismissed the message & went on with more changes. It threw the same error message one or more times (I don't recall exactly how many or what I was doing). I saved the files & closed the program. When I now try to reopen the program, I get the above error message.

I just connected the camera again & it downloaded the latest image fine using the Canon download tool, but it threw the above message when it tried running DPP4.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do next:

- I can't tell from the error message the exact program that is failing.

- I've Googled/Binged this and followed the suggestions as posted above

- I can't tell if it is a C++, DPP4 or an interaction between them that is the problem.

Suggestions????

:)

Nick_897, Nov 13, 2019

2. runtime terminates in unusual way.

windows\system32\atibtmon.exe comes up all the time. It says runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Windows 10 that I had a free downland. Need a fix.

SnooksGosselin, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Runtime Error: This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Getting the following error when applying the 10586.3 build

to a machine running Version 10.0 Build 10240 x32.

After dismissing the error dialog the system restores to the previous version.

A second retry of the update produced the same error.

The update progress status was at 71% while in the second stage of

"Installing features and drivers" which was at 91%.

=======error below====

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SetupPlatform.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information.

Rod-joanna, Nov 13, 2019
  4. C++ Runtime Error ... terminate in an unusual way

"Runtime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team."

I started getting the following error after I uninstalled some programs. "Runtime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team." I am not sure what program
    this happened with. Can anyone help?

AndreaCole, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

C++ Runtime Error ... terminate in an unusual way

1. C++ Runtime Error ... terminate in an unusual way - Similar Threads - C++ Runtime Error

2. how to fix "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.": This happens when I try to open a steam game on my computer. I have validated files, uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself.I have uninstalled and reinstalled C++ runtime library and associated programs I have tried a clean boot to no effect.I have run a third party...
  3. how to fix "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.": This happens when I try to open a steam game on my computer. I have validated files, uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself.I have uninstalled and reinstalled C++ runtime library and associated programs I have tried a clean boot to no effect.I have run a third party...
  4. c++ library runtime error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c++ library runtime error: How can I fix this?I've watched a tutorial but still it's not solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-library-runtime-error/874f7e73-70a2-41af-b16e-ab859393ef92
  5. microsoft visual c++ runtime error abnormal program termination

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft visual c++ runtime error abnormal program termination: HI I get this message when i am running a program microsoft visual c++ runtime error abnormal program termination Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-error-abnormal-program/fe636532-2aba-49fa-8eb3-094497eb947d
  6. Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error abnormal program termination

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error abnormal program termination: Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error abnormal program termination https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-error-abnormal-program/13a6097e-b7f6-4cee-9305-522593f1d801
  7. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error, abnormal program termination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error, abnormal program termination: Hello girls and guys, hope to find some help here with this problem: I have a synthesizer attached to my computer. To edit the sounds on it, it comes with an editor which ran fine until some days or weeks ago, can't tell, because I didn't use it for some time. Now the...
  8. "Runtime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Runtime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an...: I started getting the following error after I uninstalled some programs. "Runtime Error! Program: C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team." I am not sure what program this happened with....
  9. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error (abnormal program termination)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error (abnormal program termination): I keep getting the following error when running our agency management system: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program F:\WINTAM\homebase.exe abnormal program termination This kicks us out of our management program, and we have to log in again....
  10. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error (abnormal program termination)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error (abnormal program termination): I keep getting the following error when running our agency management system: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program F:\WINTAM\homebase.exe abnormal program termination This kicks us out of our management program, and we have to log in again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c terminated in an unusual way