Windows 10: C:\ size after windows 7 starter edition instalation

Discus and support C:\ size after windows 7 starter edition instalation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to install windows 7 starter 32bit to a flashdrive and i want to know what is the used space one c:\ (or the windows partition) is after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Isa, Feb 1, 2017.

1. ISA
    Isa Win User

C:\ size after windows 7 starter edition instalation

I'm trying to install windows 7 starter 32bit to a flashdrive and i want to know what is the used space one c:\ (or the windows partition) is after a clean install without any other software installed (only software from the windows instalation) so i can find the smallest flashdrive to install it on.

I know that the minimum requirements is 16gb for 32bit but sometime it uses less than 16 gb

I also know that i can just install it to a vm, but i dont have enough harddrive space for the virtual hard drive

:)

2. No Get Windows 10 on my Win 7 netbook

I have an Asus EeePC 1005PX running Windows 7 Starter Edition SP1.

As I haven't seen the Get Windows 10 App in the notification area, after running windows update, I ran the Get Windows 10 App troubleshooter. Surprisingly it detected that I have an Enterprise Edition of Windows! I double checked Computer/properties and
    it definitely says Windows 7 Starter Edition SP1 and is activated.

The only modification I have run on this machine is Starter Wallpaper Changer so I can have my Chelsea FC background.

What is going on? Will I not be able to get Win 10?

Shaun

Silverpulser, Feb 1, 2017
  3. gassin19 Win User
    Netbook with 2 licences eligible for windows 10 upgrade

My netbook was bought with windows 7 starter edition OEM licensed. After the release of win 8 I purchased a second license directly from Microsoft store and upgraded it to windows 8.1 pro. Both licenses are eligible for free windows 10 upgrade. So I
    tend to use the OEM license for upgrading my netbook to Windows 10 home edition and the purchased license to upgrade my vista desktop to win 10 pro My questions are:

1. Do I have to re-install windows 7 starter edition to my netbook (now with win 8.1 pro) in order to exploit the free upgrade to windows 10 home edition?

2. How can I transfer my purchased win 8 license to my vista desktop pc?

Thanks.

gassin19, Feb 1, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 1, 2017
  5. Windows won't natively allow you to install it to removable media. Just in case you didn't know. How are you going to activate it? That's an OEM specific version that isn't readily available to consumers. Moving it from PC to PC will be an issue to, if that's what your intending. Especially if there is a big difference in hardware from PC to PC.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. C:\ size after windows 7 starter edition instalation - Similar Threads - size starter edition

2. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  3. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  4. starter edition minecoins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    starter edition minecoins: i bought the minecraft starter edition back in march, and got everything besides the minecoins, ive tried everything, and i just want my minecoins. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starter-edition-minecoins/b56b53cb-f825-44e7-91b8-e6bf210a03f1
  5. Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 starter edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 starter edition: Hello, I've purchased Mine Craft for Windows 10 starter edition. When I go to install from MS Store, I have the install option. [ATTACH] In the next screen I choose the device I am using and select "Install now". [ATTACH] This then appears to be installing...
  6. Unable to download and install Minecraft for Windows 10 - Starter Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download and install Minecraft for Windows 10 - Starter Edition: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 - Starter Edition game through the Microsoft store. I go to 'help' and am told this: Windows 10 Go to order history, find Windows 10 , then select Product key/Install. Select Copy to copy the key, then select Install. Select Download...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 starter edition Installation Freeze

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 starter edition Installation Freeze: So basically my mother bought be the starter edition of Minecraft windows 10 And when i click install The Microsoft store freezes and then afterwards it just closes Plese i need help because my mother is wanting a refund D:...
  8. Minecraft Starter Edition Bundle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Starter Edition Bundle: Hey, I bought the Minecraft Starter Edition Bundle I received everything besides the 700 Minecoins. I did everything it said to claim the 700 Minecoins but I still did not receive it. is there anything I can do about this or can someone help me?...
  9. windows 7 starter netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 7 starter netbook: spec below, will it take W10? THE SPECS Pricing Part Number NP-N110-KA01US Processor Processor type Intel Atom N270 Processor speed 1600.0 MHz Display Display size 10.1 inches Resolution 1024 x 600 pixels External Monitor Interface Integrated Vertical...
  10. Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10: Hi guys, I was just wondering if Windows 7 Starter will upgrade to Windows 10 of any sort. I've read posts about this and it says that it will. I've been waiting and have gotten most of the updates already. However, the Windows icon has not appeared in my notifications...