Windows 10: c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT

Discus and support c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi There,Wonder if you could help with the below three questions related to a current pc issue? I know my options for solving this problem, but would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J M_319, Jun 2, 2021.

1. J M_319 Win User

c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT

Hi There,Wonder if you could help with the below three questions related to a current pc issue? I know my options for solving this problem, but would like to ask these related questions to assist with this and future practice:1 C: DRIVE SPLIT INTO C: AND E: AFTER CRASHMy pc crashed coming out of hibernation. On booting up the pc goes into WInRE. From the command prompt it is possible to see that the c: drive has been split into c: that holds only part of system32>configsystem and e: that holds the rest of windows along with my files these are backed up. The starttrail log mentions parti

:)

J M_319, Jun 2, 2021

2. EFI system partition, OEM partition

Hi,

My W10 system came installed on a standard 500GB drive c: (Laptop).

I subsequently had the system cloned onto a SSD for speed (new c: drive) and use the old drive (now e: )for data only. Now I have an EFI system partition, numerous recovery partitions, OEM partition on both drives.

I have recently been getting numerous disk errors (appears to be software related - diskscan shows no errors) and am trying to clean up everything while tracing the error.

My question is:- Do I need all these partitions on my e: drive, and if not can I delete all these partitions on the e: drive, and reinitialize the drive? Will probably use DISKPART to do this.

Stephen

StephenBredenkamp, Jun 2, 2021
  3. trog100 Win User
    Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jun 2, 2021
  4. c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT

GPT SSD Disk - Manage EFI multi-boot for partitions Windows 10 and 8.1

Sorry i forgot.....C: is windows 10 and H: is Windows 8.1
    Also Efi partition beside Recovery Partition is a partition that i made it for win 8.1 with EasyUefi Pro
    Last efi partition was created for Win 10 for EASY UEFI pro

I will make your steps and reply for news!!!

In 2 disk i have linux with Grub2.

Bodo David, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT

1. c: split into e: after crash / EFI Partitions / OEM ID for GPT - Similar Threads - split crash EFI

2. dual EFI entries after GPT conversion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual EFI entries after GPT conversion: For reasons too lengthy to detail here, I was unable to use MBR2GPT for converting my current boot disk. Instead, I used Hasleo Disk Clone to clone the disk to another SSD while also converting it to GPT. This worked fine and the new drive correctly shows up as GPT with the...
  3. dual EFI entries after GPT conversion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual EFI entries after GPT conversion: For reasons too lengthy to detail here, I was unable to use MBR2GPT for converting my current boot disk. Instead, I used Hasleo Disk Clone to clone the disk to another SSD while also converting it to GPT. This worked fine and the new drive correctly shows up as GPT with the...
  4. dual EFI entries after GPT conversion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT: Hello everyone,I am attempting to convert windows 10 installation from MBR to GPT using the MBR2GPT.EXE tool. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gptThe documentation states:MBR2GPT.EXE converts a disk from the Master Boot Record MBR to the GUID...
  6. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT: Hello everyone,I am attempting to convert windows 10 installation from MBR to GPT using the MBR2GPT.EXE tool. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gptThe documentation states:MBR2GPT.EXE converts a disk from the Master Boot Record MBR to the GUID...
  7. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

8. GPT needed but disk has OEM partition

GPT needed but disk has OEM partition: Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home from 32-bit to 64-bit. After booting from the USB flash drive which, following instructions on the MIcrosoft site had the installation media put on it by the Media Creation tool it asks where do you want to install Windows. This shows...
  9. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition): HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows or my recovery...
  10. Windows 10 OS - GPT Primary Partition Set As EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 OS - GPT Primary Partition Set As EFI System Partition: Greetings! This is my first problem post here on TenForums and it is a frustrating one. To make a long story short, I installed Windows 10 on my notebook, leaving a large amount of unallocated space available for a future Linux install. Windows 10 had been running without...