Windows 10: C: System Drive Getting Full Without No Reason, Lose Stealing More and More Free Space

Discus and support C: System Drive Getting Full Without No Reason, Lose Stealing More and More Free Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I have problem with Lenovo V 130-15IKB Laptop C: System Drive. Yesterday I had Free 30GB of C: System Drive. But in real time after refresh I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nordicboy84, Nov 8, 2020.

1. C: System Drive Getting Full Without No Reason, Lose Stealing More and More Free Space

Hello! I have problem with Lenovo V 130-15IKB Laptop C: System Drive. Yesterday I had Free 30GB of C: System Drive. But in real time after refresh I can see the C: Drive fill up without no reason, without downloading a files and also without internet connection it goes full. I just refresh every second and I can see how C: Drive in real time goes full without no reason and also without internet connection my C: system goes full, fill up from Free 30 GB to 0

I check file system the all folders stay the same in size. But in overall C: free space C: System Drive is silently getting full, without no reason. Problems reason in unknow hidden. I just lost more than 30GB free space without reason. And in real time after refresh free space C: has changed less and less free space every second.

When I free up C: disk space, disk space reveal fills up without no reason every minute my C: disk silently fills up. I lost Free space 1GB every second, every minute in real time after refresh. I had more than 30GB free C: disk space but it silently fills up without downloading a files and free space has changed every second, stealing more and more free C: drive space.

Questions

1. Why this problem exist?
    2. Do this is a Virus?
    3. How to analyze, how see who silently fills up my C: drive, from where to where goes the unknow files to my C: drive system? More than 30GB with unknow files has silently filled up or downloaded somehow to my C: drive.
    4. How to analyze where is stored the unknow invisible files? Unknow files filled up silently my C: system drive more than 30 GB, again and again stealing more and more free space
    5. Which software tool for Windows 10 can analyze track this problem?
    6. How to analyze and resolve this problem?

:)

nordicboy84, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Piglet Win User

C: drive progressively loses space

Hello,

My C: drive is progressively losing space the longer my computer is on. I am currently experiencing the worst example of it so far, which has prompted me to post this support request.

• Three hours ago, I turned my computer on. C: had 32GB of free space.
    • Thirty minutes ago, I received a 'low disk space' warning. C: had been reduced to 0 bytes.
    • I moved 3.6GB of personal files to an external drive. After checking in 'This PC', however, C: showed just 2.2GB of free space.
    • At the time of writing, C: now has 1.3GB of space remaining. This will occasionally drop in increments of 50MB to 100MB. It will also sometimes stabilise for a short time before continuing to drop again.
    The only programs I have used in the past three hours are Chrome, Firefox, Foxtel Go (a streaming application), and Media Player Classic. It does not seem to matter which applications I use - if I use any applications at all - for the space to continue disappearing. Malwarebytes has not discovered any threats, either, and nothing appears to be abnormal in Task Manager.

How can I figure out what is going on? Can anyone help, or suggest anything? This is incredibly frustrating and inconveniencing as you can imagine.

Thank you in advance.

Computer: Toshiba Satellite
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

Piglet, Nov 8, 2020
  3. C: drive gradually losing space while computer is not being used

Perform the steps to cleanup some space in C Drive as it is occupied by mostly temp files, logs and Update files.

1. Select the Start button, type disk cleanup, then select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
    2. Select the check box next to the type of files you want to delete. (To view a description of each type of file, select the name.) By default, Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Thumbnails are selected.
    3. To free up even more space, select Clean up system files, and then select the type of system files you want to delete
    4. After you’ve selected the types of files you want to delete, select OK, and then select Delete files in the confirmation window to start the cleanup.

Also move the files from Desktop, Documents and Downloads to some other Drive as these files will reflect in C drive. So I will recommend you to move these files to some other Drives than C.

Thank You.

Sanghati Barman, Nov 8, 2020
  4. C: System Drive Getting Full Without No Reason, Lose Stealing More and More Free Space

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

C: System Drive Getting Full Without No Reason, Lose Stealing More and More Free Space

1. C: System Drive Getting Full Without No Reason, Lose Stealing More and More Free Space - Similar Threads - System Drive Getting

2. My C drive is full without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C drive is full without reason: I've run into a strange problem recently. My computer keeps telling me that my C drive is full, so I deleted some files from Dropbox to free up space. However, a few hours later, the same message popped up again. I even tried deleting files from other folders, but nothing...
  3. My C drive is full without reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My C drive is full without reason: I've run into a strange problem recently. My computer keeps telling me that my C drive is full, so I deleted some files from Dropbox to free up space. However, a few hours later, the same message popped up again. I even tried deleting files from other folders, but nothing...
  4. Need more space on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need more space on the C: drive: I have allot of free disk space on my D: drive but none on my C: drive. I cannot extend the C: volume. How can I free up disk space? I moved all that I could to the D: drive already. I have a HP Windows 10 system....
  5. Need more space on the C: drive

Need more space on the C: drive: I have allot of free disk space on my D: drive but none on my C: drive. I cannot extend the C: volume. How can I free up disk space? I moved all that I could to the D: drive already. I have a HP Windows 10 system....
  6. How to free more hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to free more hard drive space?: When I use sfc scan, disk cleanup, delete windows update log and app cache, run storage sense by clearing temporary files using storage setting and flush dns cache then i restart my pc, the storage won't low down a bit. I already transfer my genshin impact game files to other...
  7. C Drive Getting Full for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive Getting Full for no reason: My C drive keeps getting full. Only around 45 MB is free out of 228 GB. The biggest folder I have in there is Windows 10 with around 3 GB. There are no large hidden files. I check the Windows/Logs/CBS. It is only around 150 MB. I removed all downloads, temporary files,...
  8. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  9. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  10. Voice Recorder message no more free space even when there is 255GB free space on C drive.

Voice Recorder message no more free space even when there is 255GB free space on C drive.: There is 255 gigs free on the C drive and voice recorder is saying no more free space after 20 minutes of recording. Why will it not record more than that? why is it being limited/ *Original Title* Voice Recorder*...