Windows 10: C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor

Discus and support C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The functions of ClipCursor and Cursor.Clip are "Confines the cursor to a rectangular area on the screen" or "Gets or sets the bounds that represent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EliasYoussef47, Apr 2, 2021.

1. C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor

The functions of ClipCursor and Cursor.Clip are "Confines the cursor to a rectangular area on the screen" or "Gets or sets the bounds that represent the clipping rectangle for the cursor" respectively. They do basically the same thing.So if your monitors are arranged in this way:

C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor bef12f28-36c8-47e5-8e63-71359f331b45?upload=true.png

You can use ClipCursor to set the bounds to only monitor number 1 the rectangle's points are full HD monitors: left = 0, top = 0, right = 1920, bottom = 1080 and your cursor would only be able to move inside monitor number 1 and that would look like this:

C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor 7fd814af-4f74-49ad-89aa-ff7b1e8beb0e?upload=true.png

Filled rectangle = usable monitor, not filled = outside of bounds, can't reach with mouse

Or you can confine the cursor to monitors 1 and 2 the rectangle's points are: left = 0, top = 0, right = 3840, bottom = 1080 and your cursor would only be able to move inside monitors number 1 and 2 and that would look like this: C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor 6d2542f1-00c3-46e0-b8be-dcf96dbc74aa?upload=true.png

You can only use a rectangle as the clip bounds, which brings me to my question: can I use ClipCursor to exclude only one monitor from the clip bounds? like so:

C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor 8081b649-959b-4f94-a2fa-14ef2f082582?upload=true.png

:)

EliasYoussef47, Apr 2, 2021

2. How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 2, 2021
  4. C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor

Scroll mouse up and down on stacked monitor setup

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to move the mouse up and down between a stacked dual monitor setup, you can follow the steps mentioned below and change the mouse scrolling settings.

1. Go to Settings > System >
      Display.
    2. Now under Select and rearrange displays click and hold the
      monitor 1.
    3. Now move it above the monitor 2 and adjust accordingly.
    4. Click on Apply and close settings.

After changing the settings you will be able to scroll up and down on the stacked monitor setup.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor

1. C# Use ClipCursor to block the mouse from going to a specific monitor - Similar Threads - ClipCursor block mouse

2. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  3. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  4. How to Block specific Sources from MSN NewsFeed

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Block specific Sources from MSN NewsFeed: There seem to be lots of LOCKED discussions with no answers on how to BLOCK specific news sources from the MSN News app. This may be because so many people ask "How do I block so-and-so?" which is a clearly biased question when you're identifying your bias. So, maybe they're...
  5. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  6. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  7. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access: Hey all, I had a question involving access requests. I recently noticed that in the last 30 days activity, there has been about 6 attempts from a long what I was told deactivated email account of mine attempting to log into my Microsoft account. This is worrying to say the...
  9. Block program from using a specific file type

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Block program from using a specific file type: Hello All I am using a program called e!Cockpit for work, it has a wierd function where every 1 second it writes a file with the type .~u where it puts the name of the computer editing the file. As you can probably imagine, this makes any cloud sync program stress out,...
  10. Block audio from specific apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Block audio from specific apps: Hopefully, that will get sorted soon. Spotify saved the setting on close and re-open! *Biggrin (without checking other settings or permissions) Groove did not! *Sad [img]

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c# how to disable mouse cursor