Windows 10: C:\Users\[Current user] automatically compression after each restart.

Discus and support C:\Users\[Current user] automatically compression after each restart. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I've noticed that the C:\Users\[Current user] portion of my C:\ drive automatically compresses after each restart. The "Compress this drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JB Bret, Feb 7, 2019.

1. JB Bret Win User

C:\Users\[Current user] automatically compression after each restart.

Recently, I've noticed that the C:\Users\[Current user] portion of my C:\ drive automatically compresses after each restart.

The "Compress this drive to save disk space" option isn't enabled on the drive and even if I select the compressed folders, right click Properties, Advanced then uncheck the option "Compress content to save disk space" and then "Apply changes to the selected items, subfolders and files", there are some files that give me an error (I press Skip for those) but as soon as I restart my drive, they are compressed again.

:)

JB Bret, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 7, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

Hi Chbakol2

This is a bug in the recent Windows 10 update, a lot of users are reporting this . . .

Right click your C drive and choose properties, at the bottom of the resulting dialog, see if the box to compress that drive is ticked, if it is, untick that.

The decompression can take some time, so please pick a time that suits

If that drive is not compressed, please check each of these folders in turn, using the same method, until you find the one that is compressed, then de-compress the folder

C:\Users

C:\Users\YourName (replace YourName with your login name)

C:\Users\YourName\Documents

DaveM121, Feb 7, 2019
  4. C:\Users\[Current user] automatically compression after each restart.

Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

C:\Users\[Current user] automatically compression after each restart.

1. C:\Users\[Current user] automatically compression after each restart. - Similar Threads - Users Current user

2. C:\users\%user% is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\users\%user% is missing: My "This PC .. Desktop" server path properly shows the "Desktop" location as C:\Users\%user%\Desktop. However, when I run that path thru file explorer, I can only find "C:\users\Desktop" the %user% is missing from the Users folder. When I click on "This PC .. Desktop"...
  3. C:\users\%user% is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\users\%user% is missing: My "This PC .. Desktop" server path properly shows the "Desktop" location as C:\Users\%user%\Desktop. However, when I run that path thru file explorer, I can only find "C:\users\Desktop" the %user% is missing from the Users folder. When I click on "This PC .. Desktop"...
  4. C:\users\%user% is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C:\Users\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Users\: ,C:\Users,Microsoft,window11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%B0%86cusers%E4%B8%8B%E7%9A%84%E4%B8%AD/2f6e9c89-6a48-4ec1-a2e3-428d4f55f41a
  6. C:\Users\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\Users\: ,C:\Users,Microsoft,window11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%B0%86cusers%E4%B8%8B%E7%9A%84%E4%B8%AD/2f6e9c89-6a48-4ec1-a2e3-428d4f55f41a
  7. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

Files in C: drive automatically compressing?: Have seen this on two machines now. Wake machine to find all files on C drive compressed. Dual blue arrows on every file and folder. Go to settings on the drive and find Compress File is checked. None of our computers have ever had compression set as it messes with some of...
  8. Files in C drive automatically compressing

Files in C drive automatically compressing: Every new file I make is automatically compressed and have those 2 annoying blue arrows on them. Looked on the forums and got no answer that solved how to stop it. They all either said uncheck the "compress this drive to save disk space" box on the properties of the drive,...
  9. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

Files in C: drive automatically compressing?: Hello everyone, yesterday i noticed lots of folders and shortcuts having 2 blue arrows on the top right of the icon. This means the file is compressed in the properties. But how do i make it stop? Every new file/folder i add automatically compresses and i don't want it to....
  10. logged in user not shown in c:\users\user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    logged in user not shown in c:\users\user: I log onto my computer as "Joe", showing as a local account with administrator privileges, but there is no "joe" under c:\users\user. Instead, when I make changes, they show up in c:\users\users (Appdata and things like that). Could "Joe" somehow be an alias for "user"? When...